• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Aldila NV vs. VS Proto "by you"

OP
chemboy2

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I hit the NVS lower launch then the V2 when trying them out. :laugh:

AH, very good to know! Thank you.

Btw, the Rapture was in the running when I was narrowing down my choices. And for the record, the ONLY reason I even tried it was because of you.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Btw, the Rapture was in the running when I was narrowing down my choices. And for the record, the ONLY reason I even tried it was because of you.

chemboy2

Great! Just like to see it have a chance.... :laugh:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The V2 and NVS played very similar to me. The V2 takes a real rip to get it to perform in the stiff flex, however. The NVS plays a tad softer, but more responsive like the Comp NT.

Both are great shafts. I would expect the V2 to be a tad less spin, but I'm just speculating against the NVS. Both worked great for me, and I would play either in a heartbeat.

R35

Pullmeister

Dec 6, 2006
I had a Hogan driver with the NV. Shaft felt OK but the ball fell out of the sky like a wounded quail.

My current Titty has the VS. Shaft feels great and ball go good most days. Needs more horsepower on end holding handle.

The Hogan NV isnt a real NV unless it was an aftermarket shaft. It said NV -h on it, in reality the only resemblance is the color. IMO there isnt a shaft on the market that can keep the ballflight down on the Hogan , they understate the lofts 2 - 3 degrees and are super high spin heads.

Does anyone here know if the VS proto shafts and the "NV proto with nano technology" shafts are the same shaft?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Does anyone here know if the VS proto shafts and the "NV proto with nano technology" shafts are the same shaft?

Pullmeister

You mean the Grafalloy NV and the Aldila VS Proto? Doubtful they're anything similar.... :)

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
It seems like just about every manuf. offers the NVS as a shaft choice but no shop stocks it (I'm making the assumption that the Callaway NVS is like the Titleist Speeder in that it isn't exactly the same as the non-OEM stamped model).

If you get the Normal Cally's then they have a lighter different NVS with a carbon finish at the top (for Callaway shaft). But if you get the Cally Tour models then they are fitted with the real NVS shafts. I had a Mizuno MP001 with an aftermarket NVS and i loved that combo to bits. (then sold it like an idiot, ho thing).

Pullmeister

Dec 6, 2006
You mean the Grafalloy NV and the Aldila VS Proto? Doubtful they're anything similar.... :)

No, I meant Aldilla NV proto... . I tried a driver recently that had an Aldilla shaft it said NV proto and Nano something . It also had TM tour preferred logo on it. I've never seen this shaft anywhere since. I wonder if this wasnt an early VS Proto model with a different name or a possibly the shaft that is now known as the Protopype.

Whatever it was, it was a nice shaft, very tip stiff but still somewhat smooth feeling.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.