• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Almost blew it today.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Man, it was hot: 97°F and 65% humidity.

I was hitting some good shots, but the heat was starting to get to me on the back 9. Luckily it got to everyone else, too.

I wasn't adding the scores as we played, but I knew it was close between Tony and me.

We standing on the tee of the 17th, a long uphill par 5. Tony, a 41 year-old 6'5" long hitter, who has been outdriving me by 50 yards all day, drills his tee shot down the middle. I pull mine into a fairway bunker and have to hit a 7 iron out. The ball goes in the right rough.

I have a 140 yard, severely uphill shot from deep bermuda rough. I hit a 7 iron and the ball flys over the green. No one is on the other side to see where it went. We can't find ii in the alloted 5 minutes. :(

Tony is on the green in regulation and makes par. I am forced to take a triple bogey 8 with the lost ball penalty. :(

We tee off on our last hole, a short par 3 over a pond. Then another player finds my ball from the 17th hole, laying in plain sight 30 yards over the green. We couldn't see it because it was laying on a patch of white sand, down in a shallow hole. :( Too late!!

Tony thins his tee shot over the green, pitches back and 2 putts.

I hit the green with a 8 iron, but have a 33 foot downhill slider. I 3 putt. :(

We add up the scores.......me = 90, Tony = 91.

Whew! I win C flight for the 3rd time in a row, each time by 1 stroke.

I must have missed 10 makable putts today. I have got to learn how to putt. Maybe I need to go back to the belly putter.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
WTG Doc, sounds like you'll be going to Hilton Head for the Championship.:thumbs up:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
You need to chill out!

Spend more time on the putting green than anywhere else.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Congrats on the win, take them anyway you can. Tiger won the Open by a single stroke too.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I know I need to practice putting more, but I putt pretty decent in practice. It's in the tourneys where I suck.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.