• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Almost died

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Took my daughter out on Friday to a local 9 hole golf course. $20 to ride 9...we don't usually ride, but she loves driving the cart so I decided to treat her to a cart. Stick around...you'll see why this is a poor choice...but probably not for the reason you think...

Get to the first hole, and I connect with what feels like a great drive. 360ish yard par 4, dead straight hole with very little trouble. This is an easy course overall. I didn't see it...didn't even catch a glimpse of it off the club face...so I hit another that wasn't so pretty but I knew where it was. Go to the first ball and I see my other ball....sitting pretty right next to the 100 yard stake in the middle of the fairway. Hit the green, two putt par. Par on the par 3 hole 2. bogey on 3, par on 4, bogey on 5, bogey on 6. My daughter is doing OK with her new clubs...her first round with them, so she's still figuring them out...but when she gets ahold of the driver, she can really rip it.

We cross the road to a very short 270 yard par 4 7th. I caught my drive off the heel and left it short left. My daughter ends up right and on the lip of the bunker...I chip mine on, and drop her off at her ball...I then take the cart around. As I'm rounding the green, I hear her yell 'DAD!', and I look over just in time to see a hot pink golf ball screaming straight at my face. Turn my face, and the ball must have caught something on the cart...rolled down the hill, on the green, to about 10 feet from the hole.

Now...what's the ruling here? Does she get to play it as it lies?

We had a good laugh, she just caught it thin and ripped it right at me.

Great fun was had this day, and I played really well. This is a great course for getting your confidence back in golf.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
TL;DR - Daughter almost hit me in the head with a golf ball as I was driving the cart...but got really lucky, hit the cart and rolled onto the green.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
This is where her death projectile ended up...after my cart saved my life

20160826_142402_zpsoxlocmn3.jpg

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Also, that course in the picture is Bass Creek Golf Course in Footville Wisconsin.

It's not a long course, it's definitely not a difficult course, but they take great care of it. The only problem I've had with this course ever has been ball marks on the green...of course, that's not the golf course's fault. I bet I fixed 3 on every green on top of my own.

$20 total for my daughter and I to ride 9 holes. That's it.

I really like to plug this course as they do a great job keeping the course nice and the greens fees low.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Also, that course in the picture is Bass Creek Golf Course in Footville Wisconsin.

It's not a long course, it's definitely not a difficult course, but they take great care of it. The only problem I've had with this course ever has been ball marks on the green...of course, that's not the golf course's fault. I bet I fixed 3 on every green on top of my own.

$20 total for my daughter and I to ride 9 holes. That's it.

I really like to plug this course as they do a great job keeping the course nice and the greens fees low.
The game needs more courses like that.

🔥 Latest posts