• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Almost had to "brawl".

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Went and walked 18 today. Call the course and the guy says come on in it's $14 to walk 18. Cool, so we go. Get there and we're the only ones there... even better. Guy now says it's $17.50. No big deal, lets go. Go to pay with my credit card and he runs out of the reciept paper... 5min. later he gets it figured out and at this point i've forgotten that I also paid for a candy bar and walk out. Fast foward to the turn (after a shitty front 9 of not being able to hit an iron shot), my buddy wants something to drink, but the shop is closed. O.K.??? Nobody's home and he can't get a drink and I can't get my chocolate. We see a couple of cars pull in as we're teeing off on the 10'th. About the 14'th hole they hit into us. No biggie, proceed. Next hole, about to hit our 2'nd and here lands a ball. O.K. now i'm pissed. These two a$$holes who didn't even pay keep teeing off and hiiting into us and so I yell back to them to stop f*cking hitting into us. NEXT HOLE... driveable par 4 and guess what, guy drives right into us. So my buddy re-locates his ball about 3 fairways over with his 3iron and we proceed. We're on the next tee box when the guy yells over asking if anyone saw his ball to which my buddy replies "yeah, you can find it about 3 fairways over." Once this guy figures out exactly what that meant he starts talkin all kinds of $hit to which I replied "if it's a gonna be a problem you should come over and handle that problem." Now this guy has flipped a lid (still keeping his distance of course). After a few choice words back and forth we tee off and as we start to walk to our ball he's crossing our fairway. He plays out our hole ahead of us with his ball (don't know where he tee'd off from or where his buddy went). He turns around and says "I dare you to hit it up here, you picked the wrong guy today mf'er." to which we reply "no, we're not A$$HOLES!" At this point we're thinkin this guy's going to go smash out my buddy's windows or at some point we're going to be forced to wreck this jerk so to avoid any such incidents we decide it might be best to call the law and just make sure we can play out our last hole and leave peacefully. And we did.

And in case anybody is thinking it... we were not playing slow at all. Even with those events we walked 18 in 3.5hrs.

So the course will be getting a call and I will be getting something out of this. I'm pissed. All the other courses closed temporarily cause we had a little snow. It melted and it was a little soggy. If the course opens at all it should stay open, right? This was not even close to dark or closing time. What if those jerks did hit me with a ball and nobody is even there to give me some ice or any kind of first aid till I can make it to get my stitches? They basically opened long enough to take our money and bolted mid-day. WTF?

Sorry guys i'm just furious.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Frickin douche bags are everywhere? What course was this Bob?

When I played last monday I had 2 asian guys behind me who thought it was a race, even though there was a 3some in front of me & a 4 some in front of them. kept playing up my ass & there was absolutely nobody behind them. Finally at the 6th hole I told them & this is a quote "since you guys are in such a damn hurry, go ahead". They didn't have a clue & thought I was just being nice.

PS, you should have attacked the guy with a 9 iron, no witnesses so no worry:D

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Frickin douche bags are everywhere? What course was this Bob?

When I played last monday I had 2 asian guys behind me who thought it was a race, even though there was a 3some in front of me & a 4 some in front of them. kept playing up my ass & there was absolutely nobody behind them. Finally at the 6th hole I told them & this is a quote "since you guys are in such a damn hurry, go ahead". They didn't have a clue & thought I was just being nice.

PS, you should have attacked the guy with a 9 iron, no witnesses so no worry:D

This was at Maplecrest. Another thing that pisses me off is why couldn't they go off #1? Why play up the asses of the only people on the course? A few years and a few kids ago there is no question I would've Elin-inated that a$$. Yes, I just used Elin as a verb. Is this the first step to getting older?

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
That is one-million-percent unacceptable, nu. But you should've called a dozen of your biggest, scariest friends instead of the police :D

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I was walking nine the other evening, and this group of.. hell 8-9 middle school/high school aged kids are walking across the 8th fairway. Long par 5...

They saw me on the box, and were walking even slower to the other end of the fairway to some houses back in the woods..

I got pissed, and tee'd it up. I aimed where I normally do and play for the draw near the big fairway bunkers. They were 10-15 yards from my normal landing zone. No harm.

Until I nutted it, OVER them. Should have seen those kids yell and scatter like ants. Middle of the fairway, and had 3 clubs shorter into the green too..

Maybe I should visualize children playing in the fairways and I'll hit it farther and more accurate from now on.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I was walking nine the other evening, and this group of.. hell 8-9 middle school/high school aged kids are walking across the 8th fairway. Long par 5...

They saw me on the box, and were walking even slower to the other end of the fairway to some houses back in the woods..

I got pissed, and tee'd it up. I aimed where I normally do and play for the draw near the big fairway bunkers. They were 10-15 yards from my normal landing zone. No harm.

Until I nutted it, OVER them. Should have seen those kids yell and scatter like ants. Middle of the fairway, and had 3 clubs shorter into the green too..

Maybe I should visualize children playing in the fairways and I'll hit it farther and more accurate from now on.

Annoying children, anyway. We all must greatly appreciate those kids who are quiet, respectful, and mannered around the course.

Unacceptable though Nu, can't believe the gall of some people.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country

I typically just aim towards WBL, doesn't matter if he is 275 yds out either as 9 times outta 10 I can get close to hitting him:D

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I feel your pain Nu. They sound like prize knuckleheads.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
awww.golfjokes.com_images_cartoons_golf47.jpg

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
cool. i find golf course managers are pretty forgiving, especially since it doesn't actually cost them anything to let you go around the golf course.(well, only if its completely booked and they'd have to bump a paying customer).

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.