• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Almost Tournament Time Again

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
Some of you might remember me posting about a trip to Scotland that a buddy and I made in September, 2007. We stayed at a small hotel in Upper Largo, Kingdom of Fife. Coincidentally, the hotel was sponsoring a small, local tournament while we were there, so we decided to enter. It was a fun time; and a "historical event", since we were the first "Yanks" to have ever played in the event. http://www.shottalk.com/forum/pictures/14845-yanks-invade-scottish-tournament.html

We attempted to attend the event last year; but it was not to be. We got as far as Germany; and had to return home early when Ed developed some type of stomach virus.

Well, it's almost time to go again. The tournament is scheduled to be held at Charleton Golf Club on 12 September 2009. We have completed our airline reservations and reserved our rooms at the Upper Largo Hotel for this year's festivities. We arrive at Edinburgh on 9 Sep. We will play a practice round at Charleton GC on the tenth (maybe the eleventh, also).

Our return flight is not until 20 Sep, so we will have a week after the tournament to play other courses in the area. We definitely want to play Balcomie (Crail Golfing Society) again. It is a links course that we played and enjoyed very much on our first trip. Other course choices are pretty much open-ended right now. All of the locals keep recommending Kingsbarns; but it may be too pricey for two cheapskates such as Ed and myself. We will just have to wait and see what develops.

The whole purpose of the trip is to reunite with the new friends we made at Upper Largo. After that, all else is just gravy.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.