• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

"Alternative Balls"

J.T.

Jan 22, 2007
For the last several months I have been playing hx tours and tour 56's and love them. Realistically though, some days I am just "off". I hate the thought of hooking an expensive ball into the woods.
For those "not so stellar" days I was looking for a cheaper alternative ball that would still respond pleasingly to a well struck shot yet not make me cry if I lost one (or 2:) ).
So today I went to Academy and picked up a dozen Nike Power Distance/power soft. I saw a 2 dozen pack of "Laddie X" (presumablly different from the laddie X-tremes.........dunno) for the low price of 9.99. I bought them on principle alone:laugh: .
So the question is this.....
is there any difference in the Laddie X versus the Laddies x-tremes
and is there any difference in the power soft versus the "super soft"?

equipmentjunkie

Feb 11, 2007
I don't know much about those balls but the new top flite d2 soft feel in the green box is a decent ball especially for the price.

OP
J

J.T.

Jan 22, 2007
My regular golfing buddy just bought some of those. I may have to borrow" one to see how they do.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
For my "alternative" ball I bought a couple 15 packs of the TopFlite D2 "Feel" at $15.95 each. Hope it works out.... :)

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
i only have a primary set of balls, i cant see how you would lose one, they are kinda attached to your body...

(sorry i had to)

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
The Top Flite D2 is a great golf ball. I was playing a round with my Callaway rep and he gave me one of these balls to try from the fairway. I hit a PW and it backed off the green. I looked at him and said "holy S..." he laughed and said that was the reaction he was hoping for.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
T,

Which model? I'm thinking of trying the distance variety, as I generate alot of spin.

R35

OP
J

J.T.

Jan 22, 2007
thanks for all the feed back guys.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
I believe he gave me the distance version, I get a decent amount of backspin on the ball so I try to avoid the higher spinning versions.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Whew... I thought this was a prostate related thread... The B330 and 330S are also down to $29.99 now. I may have to snag some 330's. Also saw the One Platinum down to the same price. Gonna be a tough sell on the new Titty's when these are nearly $20 less after tax.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I believe he gave me the distance version, I get a decent amount of backspin on the ball so I try to avoid the higher spinning versions.

Roger that.

15 pack is like 16 bucks or something stupid like that. I have to try these things out.

R35

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
Roger that.

15 pack is like 16 bucks or something stupid like that. I have to try these things out.

R35

Can't really go wrong at that price, didn't hit one off the tee though, he just wanted me to hit it with an iron.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
So now you're all saying I should have bought the D2 distance and not the feel? :laugh:

Not necessarily, I just happen to put a lot of spin on the ball with my irons, so the distance will not spin out of control with my wedges.

🔥 Latest posts