• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Am I being Unreasonable?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Am I the only one around here who has an ignore list? Or maybe I'm just on all o_ yours.

The ignore list would be fine if whomever was on your list didn't even appear in any threads, but the name still pops up & if someone quotes him/her you still have the chance to read their inane drivel.

As far as fools like him claiming to know everything about anything & best at everything, this pretty much sums it up better than anything else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GcVnhNjWV0&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU4XpXWwUsg

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I always found the ignore list funny, kinda like saying you don't have the fortitude to simply ignore someone.

If I am ignoring someone, it seems less effective to have there be any question and have them think maybe I didn't see their post.

Now if they listed who was on everyones ignore list, then it would seem to serve some purpose. Seems they should reverse that whole ignore list and friends thing, then it would at least mean something. Especially if your were to get a message from the person saying "PA Jayhawk would like to add you to his ignore list, is that O.K.?" Send a new one anytime someone posts. Add them up, and anytime you get to a certain level, it will limit the number of posts you can make in a day.
:laugh:

Edit 1 - Kinda reminds me of the old Gallagher line. "They should give drivers those suction cup guns with notes that say Ahole, every time someone cuts you off or pisses you off you shoot their car with one. If a cop sees a guy driving around with about 3 or 4 on his car, he can pull the guy over for being an Ahole"

Edit 2 - Just think how easy it would be to limit Jeff's post count. ;)

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
To quote that great American philosopher, Rodney King:
Why can't we all just get along?

:)

And what ever happened to Gallegher, anyway? I haven't seen him on TV in a long time.

And anybody who was really smart would have bought gold back when I did: when it was governmentally set at $32 an ounce. I'm RICH, baby!!!!!! RICH!!!!!!!

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
And anybody who was really smart would have bought gold back when I did: when it was governmentally set at $32 an ounce. I'm RICH, baby!!!!!! RICH!!!!!!!
I'm still trying to figure out how he will pry his entire net worth off of his teeth when he wants to trade it in, and whether he has taken into consideration that his net worth will deteriorate through normal use.
:biglol:

Don't know, I still like the 3 for 1 match that we got on our plan. Seems interesting for one with such great faith and knowledge in or country has such little faith that it will turn around. I guess I would feel the same way if I shared the same philosophy on how it should be run. Personally I will take the value of the 4 overall shares I got for each one I bought at a dirt cheap cost over what gold will likely do over the next 10-20 years. Seems by that time it will be more closely knit to a 10 to 1 match and I won't need a pair of pliers to pry it out of my mouth. :D

88cupfan

Jan 5, 2009
Yuk it up while your mutual funds and your fiat (fake) money evaporates when the Us Dollar goes into hyperinflation after the world central banks start a run on cashing in the 10 TRILLION in US Treasuries. China had been holding back its economy for years and will soon cut currency ties with the US Dollar and make a run at having their currency become the new World Reserve Currency.

I can see you now, staring into your computer screen with that blank look in your eyes and that huge lump in your gut from the surreal reality that I just may know a hell of a lot more than you do and that one day soon you will be eating the grass in your front yard. When you get to that point I'll send you a pot to boil it in.

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Yuk it up while your mutual funds and your fiat (fake) money evaporates when the Us Dollar goes into hyperinflation after the world central banks start a run on cashing in the 10 TRILLION in US Treasuries. China had been holding back its economy for years and will soon cut currency ties with the US Dollar and make a run at having their currency become the new World Reserve Currency.

I can see you now, staring into your computer screen with that blank look in your eyes and that huge lump in your gut from the surreal reality that I just may know a hell of a lot more than you do and that one day soon you will be eating the grass in your front yard. When you get to that point I'll send you a pot to boil it in.

You may have gotten lost while trying to log in on the Yahoo Finance stock boards. Most of the message board multi-millionaires hang out over there. I know, because I've read their posts. You just know someone is really and truly wealthy when they make unsolicited comments about their wealth on an Internet message board.

All the really rich guys do it. I'm jealous. A guy like you probably also made a fortune in oil. Most likely ran with it all the way up to $150+, and then shorted it all the way down to $37. Shorted all the financials down, too, I bet. I'm proud and humble to have been able to read your posts.

I like to take it a little more conservatively in this volatile market. Been building some pretty nice returns on some CDs I got into with Stanford Financial. Slow and steady works for me.

Kevin

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
No politics! :bang:

Leaving it open so David Hillman can let us know how it turned out, but drop the politics, guys.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Well, let's get this thread back on track...

I rock, Steelers rock, and the Hurricanes...well...they're okay.

OP
David Hillman

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
Leaving it open so David Hillman can let us know how it turned out, but drop the politics, guys.

Thank you. No word yet, so I'm guessing they are either having 'No Smoking' signs printed up, or are ignoring the troublemaker and hoping he'll go away. Likely the latter.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Thank you. No word yet, so I'm guessing they are either having 'No Smoking' signs printed up, or are ignoring the troublemaker and hoping he'll go away. Likely the latter.

Hopefully the former, let us know man!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Although I have been a cigar smoker and probably will be again, I do not think you are being unreasonable to question this given the laws in your area. Therefore, assuming (always dangerous) that you are the "troublemaker", don't let them ignore you. Follow up with a polite call (or 12) asking what they're doing about this situation.

The squeeky wheel and all that stuff...

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Ah the insanity of it all ...see I've always been a conscientious smoker. I don't smoke in my house or anyone elses for that matter. I'd also be reluctant to light up in a busy public area. So I was out the back garden puffing away, spewing my noxious fumes high in the air, finished my ciggie and breathed the nice clean fresh air deep into my lungs. exhaled forcefully and realised I'd just spewed a lungful of CO2 into the air, but hey ... don't the trees take my CO2 gobble it up and emit nice clean Oxygen into the air ? Wow we'd be lost without those trees .. 15% of all CO2 emissions in the world are caused by us breathing.

So to save these overworked trees, I get the train into work each day, 80 people per carriage sitting there oblivious to the fact their fellow commuters were contriving to poison them .. mass poisoning not seen on this scale since Rev Jim Jones in Guyana!! ... I was panic stricken ... save myself and save the others .. stop breathing Dave ... So I sat there 40 secs, starting to flush, 1 min and the gag reflex began, then just when I thought I'd have to poison the guy beside me, and also be poisoned from him .. the doors opened, in rushed the cool fresh air and up I sat like a meerkat....so out I went into rush hour traffic and was immediately confronted with cars - carbon monoxide, the mofo of poisoners ... I screamed in my head at the passing traffic "I don't drive, and I resent being poisoned by you", I don't understand why you feel the need to drive, becoz I've chosen not too, yer emmissions are killing me.

I was taken out of my daydream, by a drop of rain on my forehead, shite acid rain!!!, burning my recently cleansed and moisturised skin, if this hail of acid can corrode limestone, sandstone and marble on the buildings around here and lay waste to the architecture and history of my city - what chance does my reasonably unblemsihed skin have !! ...don't ask how, but I made it to the office, rejoiced in the fact that I was indoors in a non-hazardous environment with air conditioning shifting the CO2 and a nice cup of Fair-Trade coffee in support of the poor farmers of Guatemala... whoa whoa whoa ... that cup of coffee made it's way across the world in an airplane, where the effects of our trees was redundant in absorbing all the aviation fuel pouring into the atmosphere, in actual fact I had aided the CO2 by bypassing our arborial vanguard !! straight into the ozone .. I was the crack cocaine of environmental terrorism !! an instantaneous hit.

Ya see at times we can't see the wood for the trees ... of course our other problem is we keep cutting them down ;)

Just a little bit of humour from a poisoner of mankind ..

🔥 Latest posts