• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Am I the only person who can't figure out Igolf Neo?

daddymack

Mar 27, 2005
Getting close to playing my first round so I decide to try and download some courses. I've had it for a while but as you can see I was nervous about even trying it. I hate these downloading, syncing devices. Anyhow I download a course in the default notepad and all i get is a bunch of gobbly goo. I closed the file and I don't know where it is now. One credit down the toilet. I clicked on the Igolf icon on my desktop and now it won't even recognize my email address or password. If I go online to igolf, I can log on fine, but not from my desktop icon. I requested they send my password via email. When I open it, It says Your password is: Blank! It don't show my password. I can't win. Can someone help before I smash this thing. I have no patience for stuff like this. I may be better off with a laser.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Getting close to playing my first round so I decide to try and download some courses. I've had it for a while but as you can see I was nervous about even trying it. I hate these downloading, syncing devices. Anyhow I download a course in the default notepad and all i get is a bunch of gobbly goo. I closed the file and I don't know where it is now. One credit down the toilet. I clicked on the Igolf icon on my desktop and now it won't even recognize my email address or password. If I go online to igolf, I can log on fine, but not from my desktop icon. I requested they send my password via email. When I open it, It says Your password is: Blank! It don't show my password. I can't win. Can someone help before I smash this thing. I have no patience for stuff like this. I may be better off with a laser.
I don't know nothin' bout nothin', but...

Notepad is a text editor. The course files are binary files. Why would you try to open a binary file with a text editor? Do the instructions tell you to do that?

Oh, and just get a laser...

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Yeah, you don't want to open the file. You just download it, then select it when you go to the sync settings. I believe the default location for where the courses are stored on your computer is:
C:\Program Files\L1 Technologies\iGolf Caddie II Sync\Courses
... or at least it was for my standard igolf, although that was a year or so ago.

You can search your PC for .glf files, as that is the extension it uses for the courses. You then just need to make sure the correct directory in the settings option

If it is blank, it does not allow you to reenter the correct one?? Not sure I fully understand where that is coming up if you can log on online. When I downloaded mine, I just did it online. You should also be able to change your password if you are logged on and can't remember the old one?

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
This is so easy!! :biglol:
You're such a d-bag Warbird.

Yeah, its a little easy, but for someone who's newer to DLing and Syncing it can be frustrating.

If it won't let you sign in at all, you're going to want to contact support. Beyond that, what Jayhawk said.

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
I used mine for about 5 rounds and love it, i found the downloading and syncing pretty easy if you use the quick setup insturctions that come with it. You be able to do everything from the Igolf main screen, no need to open up the files.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
If it won't let you sign in at all, you're going to want to contact support. Beyond that, what Jayhawk said.
Sadly that is the one big downside to iGolf that I had when I got mine. Not that I needed help with any of the technical issue, more their support for their maps and product. They have terrible support for their product.

To save sanity, I would first try and work through it by posting on here. If you are already disenlightened with the product, you may likely hate it after dealing with their support or lack there of. Their business practice and support and even understanding of the product and their customer needs is the only thing that would keep me from sticking with their product. Was really happy to hear it was bought out by Bushnell, and may be a sign of good things to come.

OP
D

daddymack

Mar 27, 2005
All is right with the world now.

I apologize for the meltdown.

Just to answer some questions for the curious.

I did not open the file, it opened itself when I downloaded it. It was on notepad. Your guess is as good as mine as to why that happened.

As for my password, it simply would not appear in my email. Just a blank space where the password should be.

They have some online advisors you can chat with, I did that the next day. Something was screwed up on their end and I had to change my password. They seemed very helpful to me

After that, I was downloading like crazy. Hopefully I will get out and play soon.

I love this thing now.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
OK, forget the laser...
icon12.gif

DblEgl

Mar 18, 2009
Yep...picked up one recently and did have just a bit of trouble with the initial sync etc. and lost one download of the 100....but it does work well.

Are there any 'hidden' or other tricks that are helpful ?

Thanks.

🔥 Latest posts