• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Amazing Dave

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Check this out. Forget Tiger's chip on 16 at Augusta. Forget Watson's shot at Pebble Beach. This tops them all.

159 yards of pure genius from Dave Ireland. Unfortunately due to the glare on the green we didn't see it go in, but I can verify that it was a great shot, all over the pin like a cheap suit, we saw a puff of sand when it hit the green, and thought it may have been a bit big. Low and behold it was in da cup for Dave's first Ace.

Major dude points to Mr. Ireland.

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Thanks guys ... as IG said earlier we had no idea it was in the hole. The green is like an upturned saucer and it fed down into heavy rough. Myself and KA were thrashing around in the cabbage looking for the ball and me making liberal use of the more colourful words in our language as I felt the course had cheated me ... IG pops up with "hey guys ya wont believe this"... it's in the hole ... of course we didn't believe him :D ..

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Way to go Dave. That's great you caught the moment on video IG, good job. :)

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
DaveE said:
Way to go Dave. That's great you caught the moment on video IG, good job. :)

LOL .. that was more a restaging of the event Dave ... just like they have in most of those true life docudramas on TV ....I think I gave a credible performance :D

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Dave Ireland said:
LOL .. that was more a restaging of the event Dave ... just like they have in most of those true life docudramas on TV ....I think I gave a credible performance :D

You might have a second career on the horizon. It's a sure bet your kids will believe it and that'll be fun. :)

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
DaveE said:
You might have a second career on the horizon. It's a sure bet your kids will believe it and that'll be fun. :)
You know Dave. they were my exact sentiments ...

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Rosmo said:
Cheers Dave..Great shot:)

Thanks for the video IG!
Mucho Gracias Rosmo ...... IG has already contacted me about a possible multi media gig .. DVD, Instructional and word book " Holes in one made easy" he wants to call it ;)

Quentin

How U Doin'?
Aug 27, 2004
Dave,

For some reason, I can't seem to download the video. Congrats anyway. I can't wait to sink one myself.

Cheers!

~QQ

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Quentin said:
Dave,

For some reason, I can't seem to download the video. Congrats anyway. I can't wait to sink one myself.

Cheers!

~QQ
Cheers Quentin .. well if ya can hold on a while longer you can buy the DVD (see above) :D Just hope when you bag one Q that you have the pleasure in seeing her disappear, IG had to break the good news to me

Quentin

How U Doin'?
Aug 27, 2004
Dave Ireland said:
Cheers Quentin .. well if ya can hold on a while longer you can buy the DVD (see above) :D Just hope when you bag one Q that you have the pleasure in seeing her disappear, IG had to break the good news to me

I fear mine will happen when I'm playing alone. :) Neat to have it happen with witnesses and on video. I'll get the video thing working tonight after work.

~QQ

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Quentin said:
I fear mine will happen when I'm playing alone. :) Neat to have it happen with witnesses and on video. I'll get the video thing working tonight after work.

~QQ

The closest I ever came to holing one was after an OB. I figure that's how it will happen. There will be that intial moment of excitement followed by one of my friends saying, "nice par".

🔥 Latest posts