• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

amazing how one shot can stick with you...

niblick

Jun 13, 2007
Played 9 holes with a friend yesterday. He's a very poor player, stands to make an 8 on every hole barring a miracle. I've been trying to encourage him to work on his short game and stop hitting driver off every tee. Anyway, was a painful 9 holes that took every bit of 3 hours.

Normally this would have me leaving the course fuming. But on number 8, a 210 yard par 3, slightly uphill and into a little breeze, I hit an absolute laser 4 iron to 12 feet. I left the course feeling like I was walking on air. I guess that's why I play. Taking on the challenge of a tough shot and pulling it off is just a great feeling.

Tavery1

Jul 15, 2009
3hours for 9 holes:wow: I'm horrible and can finish a round with my pops in 4-4 1/2 hours. But yeah I've only played briefly but its amazing how one shot on a hard hole or out of a crappy lie can bring you back the next day.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I hear you. Lately I've had quite a few but just cannont finish the GD hole. My memorable one from the other day... 230 in on a par 5 and absolutely ripped a cut 5W onto the green... then 3 putted.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Ha, I have you all beat. Friday's front nine went like this

Bogey
Bogey
Birdie
Birdie
Double
Birdie
Double
Birdie
Triple

That's up and down, baby!

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
for me today.
par4. par.
par4. par.
par3. triple(THREE tries out of sand.)terrible.
par4. par
par5...... Nine.
par3 bogey(3putt) Very similar to your shot... 205, and put 4i on the green.
par4 bogey
Par4.... 7.
par5. par.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online