• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

American Broadcast Media finally gets the name right

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
This year - for the first time - ABC/ESPN did not identify the golf tournament as "The British Open" either in on-screen graphics or in verbal descriptions of it. They used "The Open" logo featuring the Claret Jug and had "The Open Championship" on the graphics header.

Sheeesh, it has taken forever and a day for them to call the oldest tournament in the world by its proper name....

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
That's OK, the Mossad has been watching me for DECADES....:laugh:

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
As long as people know what your talking about...whats the difference?

Like if Eracer and i had an agreement that "go fvck yourself" ment "Hey, how ya doin?" does it matter that everyone else around me thinks i just told eracer to go fvck himself?

Communication is 100% understanding and 0% actual words used to create that understanding. Call it the aospiuroejwopaciu open for all i care...i know what theyre talking about.

Ok...im done, and eracer...go fvck yourself :D

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I'll call it the "British Open" forever.

Me, too. There are two Opens in my book.

As long as people know what your talking about...whats the difference?

Like if Eracer and i had an agreement that "go fvck yourself" ment "Hey, how ya doin?" does it matter that everyone else around me thinks i just told eracer to go fvck himself?

Communication is 100% understanding and 0% actual words used to create that understanding. Call it the aospiuroejwopaciu open for all i care...i know what theyre talking about.

Ok...im done, and eracer...go fvck yourself :D

Funny!

🔥 Latest posts