• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

An Affair To Remember

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
Just got my i10's delivered. Had them fitted at GolfSmith. I'm an 11 handicap with a 9 index. For the last 11 years I played the Ping ISI's with stiff shafts. The fitting resulted in me moving to a steel R shaft with a one degree difference in the set up. Only used them once so far, but really like them. Ball fires off the face. Don't have swing hard with these to get distance and I really liked the feeling of control, especially in the mid irons.

FOUR WEEKS LATER

Confession: Recently purchased and had fitted a new set of Ping i10 players irons as earlier stated. Everything I thought and hoped would help my game. Beautiful sticks. Played with them 4 times...right back to GolfSmith for a credit. Just didn't feel right in my hands or to my eye. Pulled out my old Ping ISI Berilyum Copper heads, apologized to them for the affair with the new sticks, polished them up and went out and shot an 81. Glad I kept them. Definitely feel they are, along with the original Tommy Armour 845 Silver Scots, the best designed clubs crafted over the last 12 or 15 years.

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
United States United States
i didn't like the way the i10's felt ether. good hitting irons just the feeling was not there.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Good review. I won't bother looking at i10's for the future. There's something to be said for the older Pings. :)

OP
MyBluC4

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
'95 LT-1, 6 Speed, Admiral Blue. Love it. Nice catch.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Good review. I won't bother looking at i10's for the future. There's something to be said for the older Pings. :)

:smilie_pi.......

Old Pings. Somehow they work for me, too.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
The old ones are the best.

Lee Westwood discovered the very same thing. He played with some old Pings as a junior and Amatuer & stuck with the same irons when he became a Pro. He signed with Ping and played there Drivers, Wedges and his old trusy irons. With this setup he climbed into the Worlds Top 10. Then the big wigs at Ping decided he should play some more modern irons and promised to get him fit so they performed better than his old trusty's and threw a load of money at him. Like a FOOL (but we'd all do it) Lee accepted and switched to the new irons. 2 years later he had tumbled down the rankings & was 150+ in the world and looked like his career was over. About 18 months ago he switched back to his old trusty's and he's climbing the rankings again and he looks like he's gonna be a threat for the Majors again this season.

OP
MyBluC4

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
Nice tee box you got there. What course is that?

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
yeah id like to see the whole course :)

whole course or hole course? **buddam bump** :laugh:

Also, I believe Westwood has gone to the i10s this year. PING made a huge deal about his victory a few weeks back because they were the first win for the i10 series (woods AND irons iirc).

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.