• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

An encouraging round

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
It ain't much for you better players to get excited about, but I'm pretty happy.

Shot a 44 on the front that included a quad and a triple. If I had bogeyed those two holes it would have been a 39. I shot 42 on the back, including two triples. Could have been a 37 if I'd bogeyed those two holes. 30 putts total (including a four-putt (yuk...) and a three-putt.

The reality is that I didn't bogey the blowup holes, but I played pretty well on the other 14 holes, including a birdie on a 428-yard par-4.

I haven't broken 90 in a while now, and to shoot a round of 86 that could have been a 76 has me feeling pretty good.

I know this game is all about ups and downs, and tomorrow I could go shoot a high number, but the real value in today's round is in how I felt about my ballstriking. I really believe my lessons are starting to pay off. I'm hitting many more quality shots with less effort, and the new mechanics are starting to feel normal.

My misses have always been pulls, and I've always had a hard time drawing the ball (casting, overswinging, etc.). I haven't hit any real pulls in the last couple of weeks (other that one or two bad swings), and I've been working the ball a bit. Something really new to me. I think I'm slowly but surely leaving the old bad habits behind, and integrating good habits for the future.

I feel like the money I spent on the lessons is paying off. Thanks for listening.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.