• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

An interesting life change....

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I have been, more or less, Mr. mom for the last seven years. I work days and my wife works at a banquet facility, nights.

Her schedule has never been consistant so planning anything at all has been nearly impossible, be it golf, vacations or whatever. My kids are 11, 9 and 5...I need to be here for them all the time.

This past wednesday, she got fed up....long story, short...she walked out....said FU and left after 7 years on the slave ship (This means she quit her job).:)

Guess what? the pro at my course gives lessons on wednesdays....I CAN GO!!
Finally, I can get my act together...or at least get professional attention...YAHOO! :D

The bad news is that she got another job with very different but more consistant hours....I may not get to play in my men's league on the week ends anymore....I work for myself so I hope to be able to adapt.

The lesson thing is something I desperatly need and look forward to. I hope to make a good showing of myself in November. :)

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
I'm so proud of you Sling!
Now you really got me thinking about getting married :D
She should have known better than to get herself involved with a golfer. :)

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Mark my words kid.....while the scheduling of pretty much anything has been difficult, to say the least....we did dodge the daycare bullet.

Early on we had my 2 boys in daycare for about 6 months at a cost of $900/month.....that's a mortgage payment in a lot of places, nearly killed me.

Things happened and we adapted and now things appear to be coming my way. :)

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I am glad to hear from you...I was going to post a new Thread just asking how you are doing. You have seemed under the radar...

Good job Dad. Keeping three kids on schedule.

That has been quite a load on you and your wife.

All the best and good luck with the new situation.

b

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
When I read the title of this I was hoping, HOPING it was you coming out of the closet. :biglol:

That day will come....I can feel it! :p

R35

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Now I know your old job was Daddy day care, and you were charging 900$/month.
:)

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I was hoping, HOPING it was you coming out of the closet.

Really?

Rock, you were thinking about a date maybe? ;)

Sorry to disappoint you, maybe DaveE could help you out. :D

Mister Bater

Jan 13, 2005
Slingblade61 said:
Really?

Mr Sling i am sorry to reed about our situation if i can help in any way pleese let me know.

if it was any consolation if i was gay i wood like you very much you ar a big old bear and look very cuddly. but i am not gay i have a baby sun.

take care of yourself my frend

Mr Bater

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Slingblade61 said:
Really?

Can he borrow the jester hat? :p

R35

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Slingblade61 said:
I have been, more or less, Mr. mom for the last seven years. I work days and my wife works at a banquet facility, nights.......This past wednesday, she got fed up....long story, short...she walked out....said FU and left after 7 years on the slave ship. :)

Guess what? the pro at my course gives lessons on wednesdays....I CAN GO!!
Finally, I can get my act together...or at least get professional attention...YAHOO! :D
:)

Jaysus I gotta take more time reading posts ..... I read your post as she sez FU to you and did the walk of blame ....and then that ur Wednesday's were freed up for golf ... I'm thinkin wow this guy is takin it very well ... talk about bouncing back...in actual fact (and I apologise) ... I gotta a good laff out of it... anyways having reread the post it's not half as funny as I thought.... disappointed...;)

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Dave Ireland said:
Jaysus I gotta take more time reading posts ..... I read your post as she sez FU to you and did the walk of blame ....and then that ur Wednesday's were freed up for golf ... I'm thinkin wow this guy is takin it very well ... talk about bouncing back...in actual fact (and I apologise) ... I gotta a good laff out of it... anyways having reread the post it's not half as funny as I thought.... disappointed...;)

The devil is in the details...

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Dave Ireland said:

Matey, I read it the same as you..! I thought she'd done a runner and left the big man on on his tod..!

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Kilted Arab said:
Matey, I read it the same as you..! I thought she'd done a runner and left the big man on on his tod..!

Cheers Kilted ..... this may help the case for the defence when Stateside reads it !! .... it must be a Celtic thing ...

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I thought she'd done a runner and left the big man on on his tod..!

LOL!

No, but that would have been ok too...hehehe. ;)

Members online

No members online now.