• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

An old Friend

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
So I went down to the course for an afternoon round and low and behold met up with a guy I haven't seen in years. I used to work with him and we hung out a lot. He is in his late 40's now but quite the athelete. We used to play basketball a lot and he would smoke all the young guys when he was 40. (he also played div. 1 college ball). I actually played golf with him and his dad years ago. I had to laugh as the last time he saw me play I had my dad's persimmon woods and rusty faced blades. I got a little better since then.
icon10.gif

It was great to see him again. We exchanged #'s to keep in touch and play again. Also he has his Class A CDL and will help me to get mine. That will make it a whole lot easier. Now all I have to do is rent a truck and take the test rather than spend a ton of money at one of those training companies/schools.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Nah, I'm not going out on the road. Actually I just want to get my class B but will do the A if it's not too hard to get. Just to keep my options open, you know. The paper is full of $16-$20/hr. jobs for Class B drivers. Eventually I have to finish school and do something. I'd like to start my own business but that's going to take some cash on hand. I already got knocked out once so I know what I'm up against next time. Whatever I end up doing, it needs to involve enough time off for 3rounds a week.
icon10.gif

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Whatever I end up doing, it needs to involve enough time off for 3rounds a week.

YES! thats wat im talking about right there! Thats where you want to be in life;) Paying for the club ho'in and keeping the habit alive:D

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Nah, I'm not going out on the road. Actually I just want to get my class B but will do the A if it's not too hard to get. Just to keep my options open, you know. The paper is full of $16-$20/hr. jobs for Class B drivers. Eventually I have to finish school and do something. I'd like to start my own business but that's going to take some cash on hand. I already got knocked out once so I know what I'm up against next time. Whatever I end up doing, it needs to involve enough time off for 3rounds a week.
icon10.gif

If thats the case go back to school and become a teacher. Think about that, summers off to do whatever. If you dont make enough, pick up a PT job at a course for...what else FREE GOLF. I have been planning on doing this for a year or two, just not sure if I want to teach a bunch of punks
icon12.gif

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
My dad has his class A, what do you plan on doing? He has his own truck driving business, hauling aggregate and asphalt, all that fun stuff.

On the good side, it lets me weld lots(we do all our own maint. usually). :D

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I had my own moving brokerage business going for a little while. Find people in need of a long distance carrier and sell the move to the carrier. I was loading the trucks. I did alright for a short time but needed a lot more $$ to invest in advertising. I think that getting the CDL will allow me to make some cash and save some money. There was a place paying $600 a load for containers to NJ a few months back. That's not bad, only about a 3-31/2 hr. trip. I'd go out for a road trip or two but it's got to pay. If I'm not making close to $1000 a day, forget it. I was averaging $963 per job with the brokerage, unfortunately after 8 jobs I couldn't find another one quick enough to maintain. This is partly because I didn't go at it hard enough.

I'm not doing too bad now. I make $14/hr. but get a lot of tips. Today I worked 8hrs. and got $50 in tips. Basically I'd need to be seeing over $20/hr. to consider going to something else.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I see, well if you need any help, I can always ask my dad.

🔥 Latest posts