• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

And I wonder why I can't hit a fairway.

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
I just see your head moving all over. Hard to get back to setup when you move your head alot. That's what my pro showed me last time and it makes a huge difference as far as contact. Wished I had your flexibility.
This something that I have worked on for years...especially with my irons. It's hard to tell if my head is steady without video or a friend though. I feel like keeping my head still is one of the most important things when a solid strike is imperative.

As far as my flexability, my left elbow breaks down at the top allowing me to go past parallel....another bad habit I'm trying to get rid of. I don't swing like that with any other clubs. I really throttle it back with my irons. I feel like I'm hitting 3/4 shots wth my short irons.

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
I hit my driver really well. Go figure. My traj was nice and high like I want. I did start to smother one, low draw but it stayed in the fairway and I got good D on it. My fades were money...god, it's nice when I'm hitting fades well.

Inside of 120, I was off. It was a shame too because my team really needed me in that regard and my wedges are my bread n butter usually. We had a lot of wasted opportunities. I wasn't making any putts either. I hit some good shots with my long irons though. It's always one thing or another, lol.

We left when there were still 3 teams on the course and we were sitting tied for 2nd. We were disappointed about that, but we had fun. Best part of my day was coming away with a new golfing buddy. He's new to the game and has a ton of potential. It was a good day.

🔥 Latest posts