• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

And I wonder why I can't hit a fairway.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
They were talking about Furyk's hips being cleared like halfway through his down swing and your hips kinda reminded me of that. It's fine, as long as you can keep the club square...

upload_2014-5-16_8-53-51.png

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
You are at the beginnings of casting the club out trying to control and power the head at the same time?
I have been fishing a lot lately...maybe it's rubbing off.

I have a little trick to create more lag but I really drop it to the inside and it gets hard to time and I can't hit a fade with that move.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
I think it would turn your setup back a bit to the right also. It looked like you were finishing left of your setup/path line.

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
They were talking about Furyk's hips being cleared like halfway through his down swing and your hips kinda reminded me of that. It's fine, as long as you can keep the club square...

View attachment 24357
That's easier said than done. :)

I'll take Furyk's swing if I could hit as many fairways as he does.

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Ok, more lag, less casting...more rotation, less hip slide...shorter backswing with slower hips...square clubface. My head is going to be swimming on the 1st tee today, lol. Speaking of which, I gotta go. I tee off in 2 hours, lol.

I do appreciate all the help guys. I'll get back to the range to work on some things tomorrow.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I just see your head moving all over. Hard to get back to setup when you move your head alot. That's what my pro showed me last time and it makes a huge difference as far as contact. Wished I had your flexibility.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
I just see your head moving all over. Hard to get back to setup when you move your head alot. That's what my pro showed me last time and it makes a huge difference as far as contact. Wished I had your flexibility.
Yeah I noticed that too. Mr Elastic.

🔥 Latest posts