• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

And on... and on... and on.... and on...it goes

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Well, my wife has been having hip pain for a couple weeks. She fell Sunday and finished the job. Broke her hip and she's only early 50's. The ambulance came (3 blocks away) and took her to the hospital (4 blocks away) and she had surgery that night. They tried to save the joint by pinning it as you can only have two artificial hips in your life and she was too young to get the first one. Guess they wear out faster then the original. The doctor said he hopes she regains circulation on the top of the hip bone or it will not heal and she'll have to have the artificial hip. She can't put weight on it for two months. She won't be able to return to her job (lifting) delivering blood to hospitals so will probably have to go on disability. Life sucks then you die. Not really, but these last three years have been a trial that's for sure. They think the hip pain before she fell might have been a stress fracture already there. Guess who's going to be doing the laundry, dishes, house cleaning, lawn work, and nursing. And will it cut into my golf? Not if I can help it.

But I feel real good. :thumbs up:

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I'm sorry to hear so, but on the bright side, in case the "worst" happens, hip replacement is a very well tolerated surgery, and the post-op results are amazing, they give new life to the articulation..

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
WBL... wish her the best from down here. If she does need the prosthetic joint... go for it! These man-made mechanical apparatus are GREAT!! Just wish I woulda had the knee replaced years before I did.

Use this time to perfect your golf swing. As you're loading the washing machine, plant both feet shoulder width apart. Practice transferring your weight from the right side to the left as you toss tidy whities into the tub. Dishes? Put a plate between both open hands and practice the pendelum stroke required for putting. You should be able to do a batch of dishes in, say, 2 hours if you practice your putting stroke with each one. Once she's back on her feet, you might be able to get a part time job as a hotel maid or hire on to Merry Maids. You might even be able to start your own business, running errands. "Golfers and Go'fers" :>)

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Damn Jerry, that really sux. Soo sorry to her the knews. Wishing here a speedy and full recovery.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Thanks all. She's doing very well. We'll get through this two months somehow.

🔥 Latest posts