• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

... and so how did your day begin?????

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Was waiting, this moring, for the breakfast room to open at the hotel. The attendant opened it promptly at 6 a.m. I am just getting my waffle off the machine, adorning it with the usual butter and syrup, and I notice a gentleman entering the breakfast room in his robe.
I suppose it's not uncommon for one to eat breakfast in their robe... at home. This is just not something I am used to seeing in a hotel breakfast room. There is a middle aged couple eating their breakfast and a 40'ish gentleman. The fella in the robe begins carrying on a conversation with the person setting across the table from him. Except... there is no one seated across the table. He is explaining to "his friend" everything about his mental state. The discussion went something like this...
"Those doctors are so educated, yet know nothing! That doctor says I have 120 different people in this head of mine. Little does he know, I have exactly 126 people in here. You'd think he would have been smart enough to have counted all of you."
Now, I'm beginning to notice the others in the room paying close attention to this person and the conversation he is having with himself... I mean with his "friend". As I look his way, I note he is seated about two tables from me... facing my direction. My eyesight is not good. Yet, there are times when I wish it were worse. Yep... it was quite obvious the gentleman had on his robe... and ONLY his robe. There is nothing that will ruin a good breakfast waffle faster
than observing a mentally deranged 60'ish man's privates publicly displayed for all to see in a hotel breakfast room!!!!!
And, that's how my day began........

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
As I look his way, I note he is seated about two tables from me... facing my direction. My eyesight is not good. Yet, there are times when I wish it were worse. Yep... it was quite obvious the gentleman had on his robe... and ONLY his robe. ......

Hey Limp
Are you sure it wasn't just your table in front of a mirror.

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Hey Limp
Are you sure it wasn't just your table in front of a mirror.
Might have been! At my age, I can't remember where I was... or where any of those other people living inside my head were 24 hours ago. :D But, I'm pretty sure it wasn't a "mirror shot". The "breakfast sausage" that ruined my day seemed confined to the chair seat. Had it been me, it would have been peeking up over the edge of the table like a periscope on a submarine. Or, it would have been hanging down and banging back and forth against the chair rung like a pendelum on a grandfather clock!!!!!:p

🔥 Latest posts