• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

And so the Dance begins!

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
What a wild opening day! BC, Tennessee, Gonzaga, even Indiana - all survive some real scares. If BC would have lost that double-OT game I would have been done, since I took them further than anyone in our pool. What a nail-biter.

UW-Milwaukee (picked 'em) beating the pants off a tough Oklahoma team. George Washington with an amazing comeback victory. Texas A&M taking 'Cuse out early (sorry to see you go, Orange. It was nice while it lasted...) Exciting stuff.

I'm leading my group of 31 right now, but that's always been my Modus Operandi. I outscore everyone in the first round, then get busted in the second.

March Madness, baby! - You gotta love it!

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I decided not to do a bracket this year. Every year I do one, Kansas sucks it up in the tournament. Every year I don't, they do really well. I am not very superstitious, except when it comes to March Madness.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
well my dance is over.as Syracuse did there usual.impress the hell out of me in B.E. tourny.then bomb in the big dance.

there better of getting knocked out early in the B.E. tourny.they do better in the NCAA`s when that happens.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I've been doing brackets for about 15 years...I am like anyone in that I have had mine completely blow up in the first round and then sometimes I have won big...last year I won about $180...

This year, I am doing a bracket called Crazy Eights. You pick any 8 teams and are awarded points every time one of your teams wins according to their seed. Therefore if you pick a 1 seed like UConn and they win a game - you get one point....or if you picked Wis-Mil (an 11) seed, you get 11 points.

I am the early leader this year...having picked Wis-Mil yesterday. I almost got 11 more points when I picked San Diego State but barely missed there...

I think the NCAA tournament is the best American sporting event. It galvanizes the entire country moreso than anything else.

Oh yeah...I picked KU so those Jayhawks better perform for me...four points everytime they win...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I picked Conn to win it all.

Yep, I'm Canadian, never watch basketball and I'm white.

Pick Conn and you're going down. :D

R35

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Bravo said:
Oh yeah...I picked KU so those Jayhawks better perform for me...four points everytime they win...
Hopefully, they only have 1 loss to Texas in about their last 20 games. Not bad for a bunch of Freshman and Sophmore talent. Self has really showed something this year after going 3 and 5 then turning a young team around.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Rockford35 said:
I picked Conn to win it all.

Yep, I'm Canadian, never watch basketball and I'm white.

Pick Conn and you're going down. :D

R35

Time is running out for the Huskies. I saw them play last month against PC. I was amazed at how sloppy the game was. It's hurting them now.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
This just sucks. First Bucknell, now Bradley. Who's gonna beat up on us next year, Belmont, or should we move right in to the C's. Once again, I didn't even get to watch the game with exception to the last minute. I get 3 channels, 2 ran Penn and the other ran NC.

Ah well. Congrats to Bradley. Maybe it'll be nice enough to golf tomorrow so I can go hear Snide remarks about my Jayhawk Headcover.

lwc

Mar 8, 2006
Country
KU fans have got to feel a little snakebit . . .
Jayhawksquash.gif

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
lwc said:
KU fans have got to feel a little snakebit . . .
Jayhawksquash.gif
I don't think I have ever been this pissed about basketball since starting there back in '83. The only memories that comes close was '86 when we blew out Louisville twice, lost to Duke in the final four and they lost to Louisville. KU would have set the all time win record for a season had they won. 2nd was losing to UTEP in the second round years ago. Last was Losing to Arizona as a 1 seed with Raef Lafrenz and Paul Pierce and watching AZ take the title. Last year topped all of these, this year was about the same as last year but it was the second year in a row. The last two years are the first time they dropped a first round game in the 22 years since I started there. Last year was probably worse because Roy Williams won the championship against Self's old team.

Snake Bit about sums it up.

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I'm still leading my pool, based on gut-check wins by UCLA, LSU, Washington, and Wichita State (go Shockers!). Another day of awesome games. Washington-Illinois was a great matchup. LSU-Alabama, wow! Duke, showing me why I picked them to win. Florida, looking really strong. I'm the only guy is the top ten in my pool that has Duke to win. Go Blue Devils.

Jayhawk fans - I feel your pain.
Syracuse fans - Boeheim needs to stop winning the Big East tourney!

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Of all my picks in my Crazy Eight bracket - I was by far the most confident in Kansas....arrrggghhh!

I am still hanging in there though...fortunately I picked both LSU and Florida, having seen both in person this year..Florida has what it takes to make the Final Four...great inside and outside players...

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
i sum up KS as too many expectations on a very young team. that and getting screwed in the brackets.... how does Tennesse and Iowa get 2&3 seeds while KS gets a 4.... ? big 10 highly overrated. ohio state also. these teams can't win on the road....

good news, everyone for KU's coming back next year, hopefully we'll have something good.

bradley is taking it to Pitt also, so i don't feel as bad anymore.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Youngun5 said:
bradley is taking it to Pitt also, so i don't feel as bad anymore.
Yeah, it does make me feel better that they beat Pitt. Kinda like when AZ won the Championship after knocking them out. Although I never had much faith in Pitt and thought they would lose to Kent. Just wish KU would have been the ones to play them. Memphis was the only favored team to make it in that bracket.

Edit 1 - Just watching Villanova right now, it just amazes me with what they have done. 4 Guards, only 1 starter over 6'4" (6"8"), #1 seed and one of the top teams. It puts a whole new perspective on the idea of basketball.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online