• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

And they're off!!

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
I can't find IG's post regarding Watson's problems with the flatstick ..... but it's happening again ... jaysus it's terrible .. near enough hooking the putter

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
We could always call the British Open the B.O.

Just a thought. :)
Or the OC, except that's already the name of a TV show with really hot chicks in it. Which pretty much rules out anything British.
icon12.gif

cabinessence

Never Say Die
Jul 28, 2005
KJ Choi is looking really good.

Retief looks like the Retief who will blow up with an 80 on Sunday. How about Mike Weir or Justin Leonard if they keep making putts? This should be a great weekend.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
In the immortal words of Peter Allis "Ahhhh, Monty, Monty, Monty"

cabinessence

Never Say Die
Jul 28, 2005
Watching Tom Watson hit all these great shots and maybe miss the cut is almost as bad as Whistling Straits a while back.

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Luckily for Jeff this isn't the 18th century otherwise he'd have been burnt as a witch by now.

Duval on the march - how the hell did you pick him, I assumed you'd been out in the sun too long but I was wrong.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Luckily for Jeff this isn't the 18th century otherwise he'd have been burnt as a witch by now.

Duval on the march - how the hell did you pick him, I assumed you'd been out in the sun too long but I was wrong.

Its kind of ironic. Back when I was finishing up my baseball life, I was at the state competition. Coincidentally, David Duval was winning The Open at that time. I watched all four days of The Open and watched him win, one of my first full golf tournaments I ever saw.

Well, fastforward a month when I wanted to get into more solo sports, I decided that golf might be worth a shot. Duval winning was somewhat of an inspiration at that time.

Why did I pick him? Well, precisely that. I hadn't followed him much until this year and I thought..."This is one of 4 to shoot 59 in a PGA event and he also won The Open before."

Why not? Not over yet, but I'm really really happy for him.

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Me too - his acceptance speech when he won was one the most gracious I have ever heard. Let's hope he can string another 36 together.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
lmao... just saw where John Daly is 18 over TODAY and isn't done with his round yet... wow!

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
John Daly last in the field

he needs to just **** off and let someone else play

🔥 Latest posts