• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

And they're off!!

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
One of the great back 9s in Open history. Well done Porridge, great stuff.

And well done Greg, what a story he was all week.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I was amazed at the number of times that Norman took out Driver while Paddy was hitting iron off the tees and into the faircourse.

While I feel for Greg, he clearly was "out-managed" by Harrington....

Also, Paddy's approach on 17, will be remembered for decades.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Nah, he kept his game plan and fair play to him, Harrington won by being aggressive when Poulter started to come at him, great great spectacle though

Burg

Jul 17, 2007
I was amazed at the number of times that Norman took out Driver while Paddy was hitting iron off the tees and into the faircourse.

While I feel for Greg, he clearly was "out-managed" by Harrington....

Also, Paddy's approach on 17, will be remembered for decades.

Even if Norman left the driver at home he doesn't beat Harrington.

Paddy's back nine was just incredible. Norman's tournament was even more incredible considering his age and the fact that he rarely plays competitive golf anymore and had little to no practice going into Thursday.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Both Azinger and Watson himself were on our telecast on this side of the pond and they took Norman to task for his club selections....but frankly I agree that the final margin was so high that Paddy clearly won it both with excellent course management as well as superior execution when it counted.

He will likely be the odds on favorite in the PGA Championship next month.

phatheadaf

Jul 20, 2008
So much for Paddy withdrawing...

Congrats to him... thou i agree with the bunch that really take there hat off to Norman. 53 y/o and he barely plays a lick of competative golf on the senior tour, let alone with the big boys. In my young life, that's the most remarkable non-Tiger golf related happening i've seen.

I think everbody expected him to fold, but it was still remarkable none the less.

does anybody feel that Tiger, healthy, does better than 3 over?

i'm a Tiger groupie, but i have a hard time seeing him go over for 4 days, I think he shoots even and wins...

Either way, i'm glad harrington won, I really thought it was Sergio's and i'm not a fan of his...

A.

:beach3:

🔥 Latest posts