• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Annual: "How far south do I have to go to play golf?" thread.....

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
It's March 1st. I'm in Minneapolis.

How far South do I have to go to get out of my car and hit some golf balls?

Did Iowa get as hammered as we did with snow this year?

If not Iowa, how about Eastern Kansas, North Missouri, or Western Illinois?

Let me know if you are playing within driving distance from me so I can make plans for next weekend. Or some following weekend in March.

Thanks gents.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Southern WI here...but literally 5 minutes from the Ill. boarder and we are still under snow on most of the golf courses around here...

I would imagine most of Iowa is the same and you're probably going to be in the southern part of Ill. before you see open courses.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Guess it all depends on how far you want to drive? Mississippi has no snow, high today will be mid 60's.

OP
Augster

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
LOL. I don't think I'm going to Mississippi. :)

My barber said mid-Missouri is open as that is where his daughters live. 500 miles from here though.

Where are all the Jayhawks that used to be on here? I know it's March madness and all, but they could at least look out their window and report.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Eastern Kansas is not bad right now. I'm on the southwest side of Kansas City and I'm going to play on Thursday, supposed to be about 60º and not too windy.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I'll be in Nashville on Thurs next - clubs coming with. I'm not expecting much, since all the grass except for the greens is still dormant

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Warbirdlover and I always went to Kentucky...............Kentucky Dam Lake near Paduca. But we aren't going any more in March...........it's always too wet, the grass is dormant, it's been cold, and you can't take carts out on the course. Too old for that walking crap. I see there's flood warnings now down there.

OP
Augster

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
So I can start calling around Iowa, but should be able to play in Kansas City? Excellent.

I was in KC last April. 6 hours roughly from here from what I remember. Not too bad.

I much prefer Ames, IA. I can get there in just about 2.5 hrs.

Let me know how the conditions are when you play. Thanks!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.