• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Annual slo play rehash

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
Some of my favorites - feel free to add -

Guy gets out of his cart with a couple of clubs and walks to his ball. When he gets there he decides he has the wrong club and walks 100 yds to where his buddy parked to get the "right" club. If you pulled the wrong club hit it anyway.

Guy gets out of the cart and walks to his ball. He duffs it 10 yards, walks back to his cart where his buddy parked it to get a different club. If you skanked the ball 10 yds another club ain't gonna' help.

Guy hits one 50 yards into the tules and decides he's going to use the full 5 minutes to look for it. Man up and take the stroke - you deserve it for hitting such a crappy shot.

Guy hits his tee shot into the woods. He can't find it so he walks back to the tee to hit another (takes balls on a busy day). Yo - Provisional?

Guy hits ball into the water and has to walk 100 yards to where his buddy parked the cart to get another ball. One in the pocket - always.

Guys pacing off yards. Look for the nearest marker and estimate. Most guys pace off and then hit +/-30 yds anyway

Marking the ball on the green when it's in no ones line. Why, 'cause the pros do it on TV?

Studying a putt from 360* when it's your turn. Study it while the other guys are putting.

Not finishing out on the green. If you lag to a couple of feet don't mark the effin ball. Just hit it.

Everyone's favorite - adding up your 9 shots while still on the green - or when it's your turn on the next tee.

Your turn off the tee and you're still looking in your bag for a tee, or a ball, or a glove

Shot routines - damn you Jim Furyk

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Guy has a heart attack, stroke, or otherwise on the tee because he's so high strung about the slow play...

That'll slow the course down.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Guy has a heart attack, stroke, or otherwise on the tee because he's so high strung about the slow play...

That'll slow the course down.

LOL

There was a time when I would think nothing of slow play, I would light up a butt and smoke it while waiting. Then I would finish at 18 and realize I smoked a whole pack of cigs in one 4 hr round. Thats like 6 packs a day, maybe 4 if you sleep. Once I quit smoking, started walking courses and forgot about what other people were doing, I started enjoying life more.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Guy checking his Sky Caddie for every shot... and couldn't hit it within 30 yards of where he aimed anyway. Before you buy a gadget that tells you how far from the hole you are, learn to get it to that hole in less than 100 strokes/round.

Guy arguing with his wife/SO on his cell phone about any number of topics. In the first place, I don't need to know you're such an pathetic husband who calls their wife names like that over the phone. And... don't hold up my golf game just because you're getting chewed out because you didn't get home until 2 a.m. this morning.

Guy leaving his bag... or parking his cart on the fairway side of the green. You have already p.o.'d the group behind you as they watched you miss your fourth putt. Now if you have to delay them further to walk back toward them to retreive you bag or cart, you deserve every vulgarism they hurl at you!

Guy who throws his club 20 yards further than he hit the ball. If you have to throw a club, make sure it doesn't go farther than the ball. Otherwise, you hold the rest of us up as you retreive the club and walk back to where 2 feet of sod lies on top of your ball.

Guy who loses his headcover and has to walk back 3 holes to see if he can find it. Just becaue you think you look cool with the headcover that is supposed to be a Holstein cow, someone WILL turn it in. No one else would be caught dead with that thing on top of their bag.

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
Omigawd, I don't recall ever seeing any of you guys on the course when I was playing; but you must have been there. You've all pegged me too well for it to be coincidence. :faintthud:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.