• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Another day, another story (a good one though)

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I played 18 today, and considered the first 9 a warmup. I shot a 46, which is only one more than what I've been hitting so, not a big deal. The second nine though.. I was on fire!

* Hole 1 - 325 yards - par 4 - straight shot, elevated green (4-5 feet)
I blasted the ball off the tee, I actually thought I'd be OB left but it must've had a holy spin and came JUST BARELY back in bounds (seriously, like 2-3 inches.) I was way out there, probably hit a solid 260. Got my pitching wedge out and was on the green in 2 shots. The first putt was lengthy, but I hit it at the right speed to make it an easy putt for par.

* Hole 2 - 265 yards - par 4 - tee and green are even, fairway is a down and
up slope.
Another good tee shot, a little fade this time to end up maybe 10-15 yards right of my target line. I got about 250 yards off of the drive, so it was a fairly easy lob to hit the green. I ended up about 10 yards farther from the pin than I wanted, and had an embarassing 3 footer miss. Ended up with a bogey. Still, a par and a bogey, fine in my book.

* Hole 3 - 190 yards - par 3 - tee is about 20 feet above the green, water
hazard to the right (which I got 6 out of with my retriever!)
I tee up a 5 wood here, and I greened the ball about 20 feet from the pin in the middle of the green. I figured I'd aim to get close and then tap in for par. I read the green for a few seconds, noticed some interesting slopes, then gave it a solid strike. The entire time, it looked like it was going in, right for it, and it DID! Birdie! Woo!

* Hole 4 - 450 yards - par 5 - straight and long, fairway is wide on the left
I got an explosive shot off the tee for the third time, probably nearing 280 this time. I originally had a 5 iron in my hand, but when I practice-swing I look at the green to see if it feels right, and it occured to me that I wasn't gonna get close with this. I grabbed up my 7 wood and put it on the green, second shot, right in the middle. I greened a 5 in 2, first time! Unfortunately.. I was concentrating on the right-left slope (this green is satanic) and didn't notice I was putting uphill. Didn't get far. Second shot, I was a hair too strong, and she rolled down a ways. Ended up with a bogey...

But oh! What a rush that first 13 strokes was! I HAVE to try again!

Also fellas.. check out golfcpons.com. It's pretty interesting.

🔥 Latest posts