• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

another dump computer question

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I am out of AA's for my mouse and the battery is dead, so I have to use the synaptics touch pad deal. The problem is: Neither Firefox nor Chrome will scroll up and down when I use the edge of the pad. I already adjusted the scroll area, still no go. On Firefox the cursor turns to the "scrolling" icon, yet nothing happens. For Chrome, the cursor moves, but that's it.

How do I make them scroll? :(

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I dont know why firefox wont register your scrolling....it does on my laptop...

Another thing to use is the page up/down keys...short of that i dont know any settings or otherwise that would make firefox or chrome(which i have never worked with) register your scrolling...

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I am out of AA's for my mouse and the battery is dead, so I have to use the synaptics touch pad deal. The problem is: Neither Firefox nor Chrome will scroll up and down when I use the edge of the pad. I already adjusted the scroll area, still no go. On Firefox the cursor turns to the "scrolling" icon, yet nothing happens. For Chrome, the cursor moves, but that's it.

How do I make them scroll? :(
Per the other thread, did you figure out what was wrong, and did you keep the Synaptics drivers installed? As mentioned there, the drivers screwed up my system and are not necessary to use the touchpad.

Although I am not sure if the scroll function on yours is part of the driver. So if you did dump the driver, it may be the reason for the loss off the scroll function.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I went back to a laser cord mouse. Stupid wireless ones EAT batteries!! :)

and dumb is spelled with a b not a p.. :biglol:

unless you MEANT dump... :(

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I went back to a laser cord mouse. Stupid wireless ones EAT batteries!! :)

Thats odd....the wireless mouse i had on my desktop had the original batteries in that mouse for almost 2 years before i had to replace them....and that computer was used daily for an average of probably 3hours a day(college)

I have the same model mouse on the laptop and i have yet to replace the batteries in that mouse and we have had that one for about 15 months now.

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Hehe I didn't even notice dump instead of dumb. :laugh:

Adam, I'd rather get a whole new mouse than try to use IE.

WBL, this battery has lasted 1.5 years at least. AA

I did not play with the drivers, but I believe the problem lies with avast! antivirus. I disabled the startup scan, but it still slows everything down. Still monkeying with it before I shut down for the day to see if it makes a dif when I boot up the system.

Anyway, problem solved; I got a new battery and all is well.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Mine used 3 AAA batteries and when they started to go (2 weeks) the arrow would start wandering all over the place. Hated it. Must have been made in China.. :bang:

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Obviously I'd never recommend you use IE but I was curious if you could scroll in a different program.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Smart man, I hate touchpads and one of the reasons I went back to a corded mouse, they just run and last forever. With exception to a travel bluetooth mouse I have, where I make sure I keep extra batteries with it in the case.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.