• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Another review of a D2

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
And I finally met Paul:) (smileys allowed).Great to finally meet someone to bring the internet to life,nice to meet you Paul son,sorry I had to kick you out!

Anyway,started with the D2 I am selling on behalf of a pro,and put it back straight away,its just no good for me with the Blue board,its a 10.5 and the shaft is just to soft for me,at 63g in stiff it feels lighter and softer.Even with some swing changes on the go I could still tell it wasn't right

Paul's beast is a different club altogether at 9.5 with a heavier Bimatrix in stiff.Straight away it felt better for my swing,I didn't need to slow my transition down as with the Blueboard so I was ore confident with it.Long high draws.................and thats where the fun started.I was getting 10 yards of draw without trying,so I left the face open and hit it straight,to get a fade I had to really through my swing out.Bizarre,fabulous if you want to draw the ball by accident.I don't,I need more control.So tried the Geek and yep,the ball went where I wanted it to go.Last 3 balls were nailed,2 with the Geek one with Paul's D2.

The D2 is a cracking club and with the Bimatrix its a great stick,just a little to wild for me,the dispersion as Paul would testify was just a little wide compared to the Geek.But it beats the Geek for feel off the face,its a club you can really love from the off.Obviously its shaft dependant as the Blueboard demonstrates and you need to hit enough balls to get a feel for it.

But those draws were just a bit off putting,although they were good shots,I can't live with shaping the ball by accident and I need an easier fade.Plus the Geek just nicked it with a better trajectory,but only just.

But the Geek lives to fight another day.

ps Paul,I think the shaft in that 3 wood is a bit heavy and in the irons a bit light;).That wedge was nice though.

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
FOOL,the mighty Geek is all conquering

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Good review Dave. I loved the V2 shaft on her. Really nice and a possible wish list club for the future. I hated the "By You".

I repimped my Geek DCT 12 degree and will pick it up tomorrow with a Graman 540UL cut to 44". Can't wait!

Oh, and there is a 70S Aldila NV By You with a brand new Golf Pride Deacde grip on the market for sale. Keep an eye out. Andy-79 may be getting it. Just too stiff for my weak swing.

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
What did you hate about the By You? The Geek btw is less forgiving than the D2,off centre the D2 still goes,the Geek doesn't by comparison.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
What did you hate about the By You? The Geek btw is less forgiving than the D2,off centre the D2 still goes,the Geek doesn't by comparison.

Too heavy, too stiff, was hitting everything with a relatively low hook, even in 12 degrees. The Tour Edge killed it in scientific tests. Funny I tried the BY in a Cobra Speed pro and loved it.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
ps Paul,I think the shaft in that 3 wood is a bit heavy and in the irons a bit light;).That wedge was nice though.

Agreed, the 3 wood was/is already on the Bay & I like your heavier iron shafts so I will be looking into this as the next step in the quest for the perfect setup. ;)

What about the Scotty, Dave?

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Hmmm,the Scotty.I hate using other putters that are a different length,throws me completely.
However,nice behind the ball and easy to line up,and felt good off the felt,really nice feel.But I was leaving them all short which shows how fast off the face the Odyssey Black must be

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
The Tour Edge killed it in scientific tests.

What, it killed the D2 ? Where did you see/read that ? Is said Tour Edge the one you had with Graphaloy NT Proto. that I was hitting at Gracehill one night ? Liked it, although not 100% with the mirror finish..:D

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Yep, know that. You reckon that that is just about the best head going ? Are there caravans t'left of this secret location place..? :D

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Yep, know that. You reckon that that is just about the best head going ? Are there caravans t'left of this secret location place..? :D

More scientific tests being conducted tomorrow night, both heads in the Limey shaft.

Geek DCT v. TEE - The Final Showdown

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Lol, I love it ! :D

Might pop round a wee scoot if I can get past the masses of people quueing to get a glimpse of your golfing prowess....

🔥 Latest posts