• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

another swing speed question

bryguy

May 15, 2008
Does anyone have any idea how I can convert the distance off the tee to a rough idea of what my swing speed is? I had it checked earlier this year, and it was around 107 or so then. However, I was struggling with my swing at the time, so I do not feel that those numbers are accurate now. I am averaging between 310 to 325 of the tee with my driver(yardages verified with the skycaddie, for what it is worth), and it does not seem possible to get that distance out of a 107 mph swing speed, or is it? I play close to sea level(eastern NC) and spin was around 2500 or so on the launch monitor earlier this year.

Burg

Jul 17, 2007
Does anyone have any idea how I can convert the distance off the tee to a rough idea of what my swing speed is? I had it checked earlier this year, and it was around 107 or so then. However, I was struggling with my swing at the time, so I do not feel that those numbers are accurate now. I am averaging between 310 to 325 of the tee with my driver(yardages verified with the skycaddie, for what it is worth), and it does not seem possible to get that distance out of a 107 mph swing speed, or is it? I play close to sea level(eastern NC) and spin was around 2500 or so on the launch monitor earlier this year.

Congrats. You are now leading the PGA Tour in driving distance because Bubba Watson averages 314 off the tee and he's in first.

I'm no expert but there is NO way that 107 swing speed = 310-325 average off the tee.

If that is your true distance, forget swing speed and work on your short game. A lucrative career awaits you.

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006

If you hit it over 300 I think you swing faster than 107. My swing speed is from 110-120 and I can hit 1 or 2 a round that go 300, but its usually more like 280ish on a good swing. I hit more balls that go way left or way right than over 300 so I'm guessing my average is maybe 260-270.

🔥 Latest posts