• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anthony Kim

divotDan

Golf Jeckyll & Hyde
Jan 16, 2009
I realize that it's still very early in the season, but do you think that the golf media's anointing AK as The Next Great Thing on Tour was premature? Will he prove to be a flash in the pan?

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I realize that it's still very early in the season, but do you think that the golf media's anointing AK as The Next Great Thing on Tour was premature? Will he prove to be a flash in the pan?

In short (1) Definitely; (2) hard to say.

The way the media talk is, you'd think he was gonna win every tournament until Tiger comes back. Then I think the media will back off & only have him winning every second week. In other words, Tiger & AK will have a rotating roster of fortnightly tournament wins.

Now, back to reality. AK hasn't won this week. He didn't win last week. He didn't win the week before.

He's a fine young player. But there's a lot of fine players also. He still has a long way to go.

Smallville

Jul 29, 2008
A lot of peple have been doing the same thing with Michelle Wie. And she hasn't won anything since she was what? 13? If she stays off the men's tour I might get behind her. Show you can beat the ladies 40 or 50 times like Annika did before she took on the men.

figjam

Aug 29, 2007
AK has shown some real potential since arriving, but it's way too early to anoint him as the next big thing. Sure he had a good RC and handed the poutng Spaniard's arse to him, but beating Sergio in a one off matchplay does not define a successful career (although Harrington has made a career out of strangling Sergio to death on the golf course).

I hope he is the real deal because the game needs another genuine champion to come out and give Tiger a real rivalry, and none of the guys who have been on tour for more than a couple of years look like stepping up to the plate. I think that Tiger owns his generation of golfers (with the possible exception of Paddy who hasn't had to go mano o' mano with Tiger yet so maybe he can hold up), so the only possible rivals are the ones just coming on tour.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Kim has been dealing with a shoulder injury this year. He is the real deal. He's not "another Tiger Woods." But he will be a dominant player if he keeps his head screwed on - and no one can ever predict how that will go.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
The media is DYING to have a true threat to Tiger's throne. They have been reaching for years to try and find someone.

🔥 Latest posts