• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anti left driver? Best option

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I want a driver that doesn't like to go left. I did some trades over on Golfwrx this week and got a FT3 Tour Fade bias driver. I used it in today's comp and hit it very well, nice little draw. The only problem is that there is not much foegivness with the FT3 compared to some of the newer drivers. Unfortanatly Callaway stopped making Fade bias after the FT5 and FTi. I wouldn't mind a FTi LCG Fade but checked on Cally pre-owned and they only have it in draw or neutral. I also want something with a decent stock shaft as well.

What would you recommend?

Anybody used the Nike Str8 with the Axiv core, One of those cranked open might work? I tried the TaylorMade R9 460 but wasn't blown away by it. What else is there?

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
I have an insanely hard time getting my HiBore XLS Tour to Go left.

I believe it sits at 2 or 3* open.

Strider

Mar 16, 2005
Check out the Adams 9015d prototype. Very nice classic look and feel. I think most of them are 1.0-2.0* open at address and very anti-left.

I have a 8.5* 1.5* open and shafted with a creation 80x and this truly is the first driver I have had that moves the ball to the right.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Send your preferred driver to me. I'll take it to the range and hit it, and you'll never slice it again.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I want a driver that doesn't like to go left. I did some trades over on Golfwrx this week and got a FT3 Tour Fade bias driver. I used it in today's comp and hit it very well, nice little draw. The only problem is that there is not much foegivness with the FT3 compared to some of the newer drivers. Unfortanatly Callaway stopped making Fade bias after the FT5 and FTi. I wouldn't mind a FTi LCG Fade but checked on Cally pre-owned and they only have it in draw or neutral. I also want something with a decent stock shaft as well.

What would you recommend?

Anybody used the Nike Str8 with the Axiv core, One of those cranked open might work? I tried the TaylorMade R9 460 but wasn't blown away by it. What else is there?

Have you tried the regular 420cc R9?

They have tour ferrules out there, that you can get clocked even MORE open I hear.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
dct specced 2 degs open with an Evolution in x stiff tipped 1"

try and draw that ****er

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Here's one out of left field for you. Tour Edge Exotics Proto. Came in a 9 and 10* with a 70S or X VS Proto stock. That club was extremely fade biased.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Here's one out of left field for you. Tour Edge Exotics Proto. Came in a 9 and 10* with a 70S or X VS Proto stock. That club was extremely fade biased.

I've made a bid on a head only but it's still got 6 days to go.

gcinbc

Always up for Round
Oct 15, 2007

Ditto on the TEE Proto, My buddy let me hit his with a YS-7 x-stiff that was backweighted and with my quickest swing, I was at best getting a power fade.

Members online

No members online now.