• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anti-Left Hybrids

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
I thought the ones I had (heavenwood and Nickent 3dx) were better at staying primarily straight, but they both have pretty stiff shafts in them and still moved left too much, when my Irons and Driver were going dead straight.

leading candidates are the Titleist 585h. the Cobra Baffler Pro. and the Bridgestone J33.

was hoping for everyone's thoughts on the afore-mentioned hybrids, as well as other recommendations.

Thanks!

-YG

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Have you tried a true 2 or 3 iron, or the iron head style hybrids like the Mizuno Fli Hi's?

I do not like wood style hybrids....they all hook for me!

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
i have my maxfli revolution 3 iron. It does alright, but i have found myself to be more consistent with a hybrid in and around 21* or so

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Go demo a 21 Fli Hi or the equivalents by Bridgestone or Titleist...they might work for you. I use an 18 and it works well for me.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
The problem is NOT the arrow...its the indian.

I hear and get people all the time in the shop telling me their Hybrids are "Hook MAchines"...and the problem is 99.9% of them hit the clubs like a wood...and don't hit DOWN on them like an iron.

Before you buy or sell anything, PLEASE do yourself a favor and try it again....and imagine you're hitting your 6 iron.

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
i'll give it another go. i can see myself hitting the Nickent better that way. but the heavenwood might be a tad long and have a bigger, more rounded swing arc to make hitting down a pretty big chore.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007

I hear and get people all the time in the shop telling me their Hybrids are "Hook MAchines"...and the problem is 99.9% of them hit the clubs like a wood...and don't hit DOWN on them like an iron.

Before you buy or sell anything, PLEASE do yourself a favor and try it again....and imagine you're hitting your 6 iron.

plus 1 on what Rory said. I was hooking them too till I read this tip. Now I fade it if anything like I do every thing else.

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
I hit my hackbrid at the shop today and I was hitting it better than ever. 6ft Dead straight. :laugh:

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Keep playing the Nickent if you want to ride around in a cart like an old man. If you want a real man's hybrid get the J33 ;)

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
anyone know the hosel diameters of afore-mentioned hybrids?

the bridgestone, the titleist 585 and the cobra?

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country

I agree. I keep hearing this as well. My natural ball flight is a slight draw, but with my hybrids I hit a slight high fade (Nickent 3dx 3 and 4 (s)). I swing like an iron and the ball just rockets off the club.

aceillini

Long live "THE CHIEF"
Aug 23, 2006

I totally agree here.I play the Nickent 3DX after changing almost as many times as WBL did drivers and I was told this by a pro at the course.A little practice and I love this club.good advice!

🔥 Latest posts