• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Any idea what this is????

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I grabbed a TEE 4w off ebay from 3balls golf a few days ago. It arrived today and I must say it is in great shape. I have bought a few clubs from them and have always been impressed. After looking over the TEE I noticed something I hadn't ever seen on one of these heads beore. Just abouve the Tour Edge lettering on the bottom is a plug??? of some sort. It looks as though the head was bored into and then sealed over but I have NO IDEA. So I am posting a pic and hoping one of you on here will recognize it. Overall the club looks fine and feels a little heavy in the head but I attributed that to the YS-6 shaft. Could this be some sort of weighting? I don't think its a fake or if it is it looks IDENTICAL to all the other TEE's I have owned....It was in Very Good condition (their rating system) from 3 balls...so I don't know.
hmmm.jpg

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Good question, I just looked at my Tee 4 wood to make sure. Mine doesn't have that.

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
Yeah, the one I have doesn't have that either. Interesting way to add weight don't ya think? Why not just add lead tape?

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Well, I think we are all in agreement that this is not normal. The club doesn't look like a fake and I can't see why anybody would want to counterfeit TEE clubs.

It feels heavy in the head and I took it out and hit a few balls in my yard and the sound is slightly muted but the face felt good and the flight was nice....do I return it or play it?

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
looks like someone drilled a hole to add rat glue. It might be for weighting, or it might have been to stop a rattle of lose epoxy inside the head.

It's a pretty Busch leauge way to add rat glue - most clubmakers would pull the shaft and add it through the hosel, then reassemble

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
looks like someone drilled a hole to add rat glue. It might be for weighting, or it might have been to stop a rattle of lose epoxy inside the head.

It's a pretty Busch leauge way to add rat glue - most clubmakers would pull the shaft and add it through the hosel, then reassemble

My thoughts as well. Pretty poor attempt, even for drilling.

Strider

Mar 16, 2005
Looks like someone was adding weight to the toe. Is it hard to make one turn left?

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Looks like someone was adding weight to the toe. Is it hard to make one turn left?

It does feel heavy in the toe. Its hard for me to turn anything left though, I'm a natural fader (slicer really LOL).

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
I'd give it a few rounds and if you hit it well then keep it. If not, no sense in trying to adapt your swing to a 4 metal.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.