• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Any incorrect headcovers on your clubs?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I know some here don't care which headcover they use & others are almost to the point of being fanatical about them. Would you use an incorrect headcover? I just picked up that TM R7 TP & it came with a headcover, but it isn't a TP version. For some asinine reason it bothered me not having the correct cover so I ordered one of the magnetic ones which I vastly prefer over the pull over sock type units anyways. My Burner didn't come with one & I can't bring myself to put the R7 one on it even though it will fit perfectly & there is no reason for me not to other than being anal about it.

What does everyone else do if they have an incorrect cover or no cover?

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
I'm the same way. I'm pretty anal about keeping my clubs clean and matching. I bought some used fairway woods and just put some random headcovers on them for now but I have new woods on the way so that will be taken care of.

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
I want them matching as well. Although I would change my current Scotty Cameron Cover (the matching Yellow Studio Design cover) for a 2006 British Open Cover (Liverpool) if I ever come across one......

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I have an FT-3 cover on my FT-i, only because the long sock covers protect the shafts of your clubs better that the POS head only driver covers that everyone is making these days.

R35

The Salt Vampire

...and loving it.
Aug 14, 2006
I'm the opposite. I play most of my golf at public courses and clubs have been known to be stolen by thieves because they target a recognizable headcover, while the owner is in the clubhouse. Mostly, I have plain black headcovers, unless I can't findone to fit the club other than the one from the manufacturer. Also, I don't like my bag looking like an advertisement.

I do have a "rotation" of Cameron putter covers on the blade. That's about it. Currently the U.S. Open smiling suns cover, but I also use the Mike Weir Maple Leaf and one of the Hula Girls.

2008USOpenHeadcover.jpg
MapleLeafHeadcover.jpg
2007_HulaGirlHeadcover.jpg

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I'm the opposite. I play most of my golf at public courses and clubs have been known to be stolen by thieves because they target a recognizable headcover, while the owner is in the clubhouse. Mostly, I have plain black headcovers, unless I can't findone to fit the club other than the one from the manufacturer. Also, I don't like my bag looking like an advertisement.

I'm pretty much the same. I have generic headcovers on all my clubs. I figure why tempt a thief with a "big name" headover. Not that they'd want to steal any of my clubs or even know WTF they are. :laugh:

Still, I kind of like having good looking, functional but generic headcovers.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I'm the opposite. I play most of my golf at public courses and clubs have been known to be stolen by thieves because they target a recognizable headcover, while the owner is in the clubhouse.

I can't recall any clubs being stolen at any of the courses I have played, may have happened just never heard of any. But I also don't leave mine out of my sight anyways. I leave them in the truck until I pay for the rd, then they come out & as soon as the rd is over they go back in.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I've got the dirty old Rocket tour cover on the driver and the Exotics cover on the TEE. The RT 3W cover is all stretched out and falls off. That's all I've got for covers. I don't use one on my 5W or putter. I've got some expensive stuff, I like it to look like $hit.
icon10.gif

otakueric

shottalk newbie :)
Apr 13, 2008
I have a black and yellow bag, so I try to match headcovers with my bag, rather than my clubs. I am selling my nickents to get some sumo or speeder hybrids to match my bag better. haha.

also I use various yellow scotty hc's even though my putter is a pro plat.

kow_ciller

Master of the 3-putt
Mar 3, 2005
I've got a r7 TP FW headcover( Taylormade didn't want to give me a V-steel headcover) on my 3w, another r7 TP headcover on my 2-hybrid (This one covers the shaft so it works much better than the cobra one). A callaway FT-hybrid headcover on my Sonartec (sonartec wanted $30 for a freaking headcover and I had that one sitting around), and a pro platinum headcover on my studio style (don't want to mess up the studio style headcover and this one was already dirty and messed up). So I pretty much only use the actual driver headcover.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I have a TM headcover on my driver, a beagle or duck headcover on my 4 wood, and Wishon black/red/pom-pom covers on my 2 wood, and 19* hybrid - the SMT headcover on the 26* and the ping g5i cover on my putter
In high school I used to keep a Big Bertha headcover on a fairway wood so no one would steal my cleveland driver at the public courses where we had some of our matches - good memories...

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I used to be anal about headcovers but not so much anymore. In fact, only my hybrid and putter have the correct headcovers. My driver is sporting Popeye and have pom-pom socks on my fairway woods.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
For me a headcover is a head cover. Generic or original I mix and match (sometimes).

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I never use OEM headcovers. Jan Craigs for driver and hybrids. A sheep I got at the 2004 PGA, and a generic on my putter. No need to advertise the $$$ I've got sitting in the bag. Way too many scumbags out there.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.