• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Any incorrect headcovers on your clubs?

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I never use OEM headcovers. Jan Craigs for driver and hybrids. A sheep I got at the 2004 PGA, and a generic on my putter. No need to advertise the $$$ I've got sitting in the bag. Way too many scumbags out there.

I recently converted from OEM headcovers to generic for this same reason. The last thing in the world I want to happen is for me to lose one of my ho's. Last month I bought a set of matching Club Glove head covers; Driver, Fairway, and hybrids. I was not too enthralled with the Bobby Jones Hybrid covers to begin with and did not want to advertise their presence in my bag. The only club in the bag that has an OEM headcover is my Rife putter.

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
I like the design and function of my OEM headcovers (easy to get off and on, and don't take up too much room), so I keep them.

But I wouldn't be opposed to different headcovers if I found some I liked.

jskd82

Ball Sprayer
May 19, 2007
I don't really care if my head covers match.....I have TM R7 head cover on my Cobra Driver lol.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I use the tourswing one i got with my renegade...

My 3 & 5 woods however are just generic furry black with big numbers on the top...and somehow, they ALWAYS have the wrong numbers on...i always have to check to make sure the 3 is in the 3 cover because i dont know how many times i haev come up short on a 5 thinking damn, i should have reached that with my 3 and it turns out i hit my 5...

TJames

Jul 22, 2008
I like to keep the correct headcovers when I can, though I always use a UGA headcover on my driver.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
OEM here, GF bought some Burberry ones for me last Christmas but the driver one doesn't fit and they are too long to go in the bag.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Got the correct one for the Burner today, received the TP one last friday. I feel much better now:thumbs up:

TJames

Jul 22, 2008
Haha, I bet. I live in Athens so it's kind of standard, especially while playing on the UGA course.

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
Meh I had to have a Tour Burner TP h/c on my 425 TP, A Burner TP h/c on my r7 tp 3wood, and a Rescue TP on my Nickent 3dx. People are way to set on all of our bags looking the EXACT same while their in the shop.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Meh I had to have a Tour Burner TP h/c on my 425 TP, A Burner TP h/c on my r7 tp 3wood, and a Rescue TP on my Nickent 3dx. People are way to set on all of our bags looking the EXACT same while their in the shop.

Does that mean you've got your snorkel stuck into a TM gravy boat?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.