• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Any of you DINKS watch the NBA Finals?

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Man, what a series. The giant-white-guy championship. Dirk is the ugliest guy with the prettiest jump shot.

Heat played like immature fools in the last game; Mavericks played like professionals. I was sort of pulling for the Heat, but I am glad that Dirk has a championship now. That guy totally deserves it. CRUSHED the Lakers, beat the Thunder, and really made the Heat look incompetent for most of this series.

shep3470

Apr 5, 2009
Omaha, NE
I usually like to see teams win a championship at home in front of their own crowd, but the silence there was awesome. The best part was Jason Terry calling out Lebron three games ago, saying he couldn't contain him the whole series, and basically owning him.

I think they are going to can Spoelstra. They need someone to blame and he is going to be the one to take the fall.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I was pulling for the Mavs the whole time. I like Dirk and it was nice to see Kidd get a ring at 38. But I gotta say I was really pulling for them because of Mark Cuban. I know he can be brash and arrogant at times but he does it in a way that doesn't make memhate him.

It's funny though, I hadn't cared a bit about the NBA for the last decade or so but ended up watching this years finals. It was easy for me though to root against the "super team" of the Heat this year.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I didn't watch any of the series and honestly basketball really isn't my thing, but i keep hearing people talk about Lebron(or however he spell's it) being an ******* out there...

What was he doing?

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Well, it just shows money can't buy "everything". At least not a championship ring every time

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
This was the best NBA finals in many, many years. Dirk has always been a favorite. What's not to like. 7' tall, shoots the eyes out anywhere on the court, makes all his freethrows and he's white. I think Miami would be just as good without LeBron. Dwayne Wade is a better player then LeBron by far.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I'ce never seen a guy have such a high arc on their shot. Every time Dirk shoots I think the ball just drops out of the rafters, usually nothing but net also. The sound of a basketball passing through a net without touching the rim is equaled only by the sound of a golf ball rolling smoothly into the cup!

As for Lebron, on the court he disappeared in the 4th quarter & then after the Mavs won he made amstatement to the "haters" basically saying "you can hate on me but in the morning I'm still going to live my life and be me and you people have to go back to your personal lives with your problems and issues."

Basically saying I'm still rich and have a good life and you all suck!

Acted like a punk basically.

shep3470

Apr 5, 2009
Omaha, NE
Well, it just shows money can't buy "everything". At least not a championship ring every time

Technically this year they didn't spend $hit. The Heat had a player payroll of just under $67 million. The Mavs were at $90.7 million. But the Heat, and many other teams, may be screwed in the future if the NBA has a hard salary cap like they want. The Heat have James, Wade and Bosh signed through 2015/2016 (that's all the higher the website goes). This year they all made $14.5 million as a base salary but in 2015/16 James and Wade are going to make $22.1 million and Bosh $21.5 million. The Heat may be screwed in the future but they had to make a shit ton of money this year.

🔥 Latest posts