• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

any place to get grips at cheaper price?

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
i got my set of TT BG shafts for my iron, and now i need to get some grips for them and boy they are expensive.

i've been using tour velvet (non corded) and they are relatively cheap and nice grips overall. but corded grips are twice as much if not more.

should i stick w/ just regular tour velvet or corded grips (i'm thinking tour wrap/decade/tour velvet)?

any place that sells corded grips at good price?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Just get them from GS. At 2.35 per velvet, you can't go wrong.

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
put velvets on your irons. Decades will cost you a fortune... especially if you are like me and regrip at least once, sometimes twice a year.

OP
twofast2s

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
alright.. velvet it is.

thanks guys!

rock: i'm putting the accuflex in my 5wood instead. i try to go w/ the butt extension, but i want to try couple of shafts b/f i go permenant. but even w/ shorter shaft, i'm hitting my 3w LOOOOOOOOOOONG. avg. about 25yds from my driving distance.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I've got a few Crossline Blacks coming if you want to check those out. They are $.10 cheaper each than the GPTV's. Do you wear a glove? I can't remember. If so then I'd stay away from the cords, they'll chew gloves up in no time. I like the Decade's on my wedges a lot. If I like the Crossline black I'll most likely have them on everything before too long.

Golfsmith seems to be the best. Unless you want to try to go the Ebay route. Just watch out for ridiculous shipping. Sometimes they'll have a set of grips like $12 cheaper than GS on there and the shipping is $20.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I have been quite impressed with the Lampkin Dual Density Torsion Control grips I installed on my irons. I was a die hard Decade user, but I think that I am going to change all my clubs over to the new Lamkin grips. Just as much grip as a corded grip but without the harshness of the cords. They cost more than TV's but less than Decades and other corded grips.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
decades, but they are expensive.....

i have always bought my grips at amazon, because i always have a gift card.. :)

and TV's are nice, and cheap, but i liked the GP dual durameter more than it, with it being like 2-3 more per grip...

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I ordered a few but haven't tried them yet - for the price, I can't imagine they can be THAT bad

GRIP ONE TWO-TONE GRIPS

I put some of those on my old irons, not that model but a green/black Grip One that was similar to a GPTV. They were not totally awful but definitely lower quality. The most used clubs started to split at the bottom after a few months and the feel was kind of thin and rubbery. I play a lot though so a few months was probably like the average guys year.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Thanks! - I can live with that I think - I like to change them more frequently, so for the price -can't hurt

No doubt, a great price. I might pick up a few just to throw on my clubs I sell just for a little bling factor next time I place an order.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Get the lamkin crossline blacks (no paint fill in the holes), they feel indentical to the GP tour velvets and are cheaper and last nearly 3 times as long.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Get the lamkin crossline blacks (no paint fill in the holes), they feel indentical to the GP tour velvets and are cheaper and last nearly 3 times as long.

Agreed, I have decided that Lamkin is my grip of choice from now on. I just picked up 12 new Lamkin grips. 6 are red and yep you guessed it 6 are blue. I am going to do an alternating theme with them. Its either going to look totally awesome and patriotic or completely stupid. Naturally I will post pics once they are done so we can all decide together...
icon10.gif

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.