• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Any Softball players?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Any Slow Pitch players?

Joined a co-ed league

Some really weird rules(i think) but then, this is my first co-ed league.

1. No sliding in to home. Always a forced out at home plate. Weird...

2. Female hits to the outfield are a free base for all base runners. Unless its caught obviously.

3. Females and males over 40 are allowed metal bats...us young guys are required to use wood...no biggie there

4. No metal cleats...whats the difference, your not sliding into home anyway...although i did slide into second and messed up my leg

5. No leading off, if your foot even leaves the bag 1cm you are called out even on a foul tip. Duh...

Anyways, i'm looking for a wooden bat, because the nice expensive metal bat we bought i can't use. Any suggestions? Been looking around online and it seems that Brett and Xbat are pretty much the main contenders in the wood softball bat manufacturers...

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Re: Any Slow Pitch players?

Does your fiance know the real reason you joined a co-ed league? To watch the girls boobies bounce as they run the bases.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008

usually they put a girl behind the plate, thats why no sliding, you'd kill them.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country

usually they put a girl behind the plate, thats why no sliding, you'd kill them.

Then they need to put someone that can take it behind the plate afaic

And dub, everything i do in life is to watch the girls boobies bounce doing whatever they are doing :D

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008

yah but usually the quota of guys is used up in positions where you need them, in the field, to catch and throw. the catcher in slo-pitch just kinda returns balls to the pitcher.

is this slo-pitch where the pitcher has to lob one(at least six feet high) onto home plate to get a strike?

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008

Sounds homo. Do something more manly my friend...

Like.. co-ed Ultimate Frisbee.

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008

Seriously don't get a wooden softball bat. If the bat you bought is expensive it's probably end weighted. Go to a store and ask for a evenly distributed weight bat. Much better, more like a baseball bat and it will make playing slow pitch softball a little less girly.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005

Seriously don't get a wooden softball bat. If the bat you bought is expensive it's probably end weighted. Go to a store and ask for a evenly distributed weight bat. Much better, more like a baseball bat and it will make playing slow pitch softball a little less girly.

But he HAS to use a wooden one...

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country

I don't have a choice...wood bat required for men under the age of 40 in this league.

The other bat we have is a balanced bat, its not one of the uber expensive ones, but its not a cheapo either.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006

I've had a Mizuno and Louisville Slugger wooden bats, but those were both for baseball. Loved them though, Mizuno just makes quality stuff.

Honestly, I would like to get into a softball or baseball league here, but you have to have a complete team.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country

yah but usually the quota of guys is used up in positions where you need them, in the field, to catch and throw. the catcher in slo-pitch just kinda returns balls to the pitcher.

is this slo-pitch where the pitcher has to lob one(at least six feet high) onto home plate to get a strike?

Unless you've got a gunner or two in the outfield who can make that flat throw to home. We had a guy in my vet school league who had the best arm I ever saw. When he was throwing to me, I had to make the catch, or I'd be trying to pick a softball out of my teeth.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country

I've had a Mizuno and Louisville Slugger wooden bats, but those were both for baseball. Loved them though, Mizuno just makes quality stuff.

Honestly, I would like to get into a softball or baseball league here, but you have to have a complete team.

I picked up a Mizuno bat at Dicks sporting goods last night while i was there...

Then i looked it up on the net, and found 16 reviews, 13 of which commented on the fact that they broke the bat within 5 at bats...some people broke it on the first at bat

Decided that i would order an XBAT SB73 which has less reviews, but all of them are very good.

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006

Was researching after reading your thread and was surprised to find so many bat companies. One I found, Bamboobats has a 100 day warranty...which I thought was pretty cool on their part. The technology of these bats is pretty amazing these days, maple and bamboo laminated together, ash and oak. Nobody wants simple these days...high tech is it for everything I guess.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.