• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Any Trekkies looking for a putter?

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I never though I would see something like this, but there is a first time for everything. :laugh:

<link>Golfsmith NCC-1701 Putter Head<link>

Supposedly, it was an original design that got its name after they noticed that the finished product had a resemblance to the Star Trek ship. I am not quite sure that I would be caught with this in the bag, but it is definitely a unique design.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I saw this one in the latest catalog that just came out, damn hilarious if you ask me. The funniest part is that my dad is a big Star Trek fan and so I'm actually thinking of building this up as a birthday present for him!

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
Did you spot the putter grip that comes with it too? Must admit that apart from the Star Trek angle, it looked an interesting shape for a putter, and one that made a lot of sense design-wise.

A good catalogue this month I thought - the new V2 MOI shafts, and those gorgeous G40 component heads!

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Did you spot the putter grip that comes with it too? Must admit that apart from the Star Trek angle, it looked an interesting shape for a putter, and one that made a lot of sense design-wise.

A good catalogue this month I thought - the new V2 MOI shafts, and those gorgeous G40 component heads!

The G40 heads look fantastic! Way too much iron for my game but I can certainly appreciate how sharp they look. GS has put out two very solid designs this year with the G40 and P2!

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I liked the look of the G40's, but they are a higher launch design. I need all the help I can get to keep the ball low.

BlakeDgreat

My title doesn't fit here
Jul 19, 2006
A guy I played with yesterday had one, he didn't put so well with it which probably wasn't the putters fault. It looked really different, like no other putter I've seen. But I must say it looked slightly better in person, but I still wouldn't use it if someone payed me too.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
The G40 heads look fantastic! Way too much iron for my game but I can certainly appreciate how sharp they look. GS has put out two very solid designs this year with the G40 and P2!

I agree, those are nice looking heads. But to be honest at $20/head they look almost identical to the P2's @ $10/head, so I would probably go with those.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.