• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Any winter projects??

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Anyone have anything fun or cool planned for the off season?? We are still in a lockdown, stay at home order, state of emergency... Or whatever it is going one right now in Ontario??? So I’ll start;

Nothing too fancy, just occupying some time really. But I have some grips to change, going to do my best to use air this time. And maybe a little custom paint-fill on my wedges...

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Anyone have anything fun or cool planned for the off season?? We are still in a lockdown, stay at home order, state of emergency... Or whatever it is going one right now in Ontario??? So I’ll start;

Nothing too fancy, just occupying some time really. But I have some grips to change, going to do my best to use air this time. And maybe a little custom paint-fill on my wedges...

Nothing too exciting really. Building a new 3 wood. Will likely replace some grips. Been scouring the inter webs looking for the next magic wand, been in contact with a custom putter builder in Norway hoping to work out a nice Del Mar style head. We shall see. It’s been negative temps for the last few days and now it’s snowing...man I’m ready for spring!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
More dinkin' with the GoLo. A few weeks ago had lengthened it from 35" to 37" and installed a Lamkin grip. Didn't feel right. Removed the grip and the spacer. Back to 35". Don't know what grip I'm going to next. Probably the 5th or 6th grip/length rendition of this specific putter. She winces when I pick her up, assuming she is headed for the vise and not the course.

Really want to use the iBlades for trade on a set of irons with graphite shafts. I love the iBlades, but think something I will need to make the change away from steel. So... been playing the old Eye 2's. Scoring well with the Eye 2's. When you take the geezers' quarters with 1985 irons... there is a certain satisfaction. Have thought about shoving 8" to 10" of 5/8" backer rod down the shafts, install new grips, and just play them. The backer rod is supposed to deaden some of the vibration that will eventually affect wrist/elbow joints.

Been playing "driverless" for quite a while, now. These Mini 1.5's perform so much better than the XR16, don't know if I will go back to a driver this season. But.... Keep watching the local used bins for something that might look inviting enough to take a chance on.

Plan to do a paint fill job on the Eye 2's if I can find time.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Life as usual for me.

Ice fishing, indoor travel baseball practice for the oldest boy, swim lessons for the middle boy, swim team practices for the daughter, getting ready to make maple syrup once the temps start warming up.

No golf projects. I need to get a set of irons this summer. Might build some or buy some, haven't decided yet.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Question: when you're ice fishing and you gotta take a dump... (?)
Generally, we're close enough to a restaurant or gas station on shore. We also normally have either an ATV/UTV/Truck available to take us there. So nbd.

If none of that is true, and it's an emergency, just let her fly wherever. Some people drill a hole away from where they're fishing and drop it in the lake. Others drill a hole half way through the ice, and fill the hole on top with ice shavings/snow. If there's enough snow you can just dig a hole and bury it. But this is a rare occurrence.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Question: when you're ice fishing and you gotta take a dump... (?)
The Minnesota cousin's ice house is fancier than some of the homes we've lived in!! It's just as comfortable as a nice camper. He was quarantined about a month ago. His wife just told him to move to the ice house... and he did for a couple weeks. One of the last texts I got, he said the ice was 16" thick where they live. Hook the ice house up to the truck. Pull it out on the lake. It will stay there until the ice begins to melt in the Spring. IIRC, his even has satellite tv.

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Nothing too exciting really. Building a new 3 wood. Will likely replace some grips. Been scouring the inter webs looking for the next magic wand, been in contact with a custom putter builder in Norway hoping to work out a nice Del Mar style head. We shall see. It’s been negative temps for the last few days and now it’s snowing...man I’m ready for spring!

Have you looked into SWAG putters?? Truthfully I don’t know much about them, but I started following them on Twitter... Usual story I believe; custom, hand crafted putters. From what I’ve seen they are pricey, but eye catching pretty things!

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Scoring well with the Eye 2's. When you take the geezers' quarters with 1985 irons... there is a certain satisfaction.

Plan to do a paint fill job on the Eye 2's if I can find time.

This reminded me of another project for myself, if the time permits... my Eye 2 set is really in need of some new grips and a cleaning up!!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Have you looked into SWAG putters?? Truthfully I don’t know much about them, but I started following them on Twitter... Usual story I believe; custom, hand crafted putters. From what I’ve seen they are pricey, but eye catching pretty things!

I’ll have to check them out! Truthfully I liked the idea of a custom putter from a little know guy in Norway. I have Norse heritage (Swedish) and am pretty sure I was a Viking in my past life.

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I’ll have to check them out! Truthfully I liked the idea of a custom putter from a little know guy in Norway. I have Norse heritage (Swedish) and am pretty sure I was a Viking in my past life.

Do that, do that!!! I wasn’t trying to sway you one way or another. I just think their head covers are sick!

Your idea is way way WAY better! Putter of THOR all the way... couldn’t think of anything Bigfoot. I’ll get back to ya!

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I'd be afraid to use one of these.

maxresdefault.jpg

🔥 Latest posts