• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anybody else here train with Kettlebells?

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
Heavy balls

spankdoggie said:
I have a 38 and 53lb kettlebell

LOL. I love this. "Xtreme Fitness for Hard-Living Comrades." Hysterical. I can see Boris and Natasha working out to pummel moose & squirrel.

Weird weight ranging too.

It's funny, tho, I have noticed that weighted balls are making a big push. I first noticed this after Ernie Els started shilling that weighted ball with the pockets on opposite sides to hold your hands, to work your swing motion. I think they were asking about $100 for that thing. Out of curiosity, the next time I was in my local sporting goods store, which caters to the area high school atletes and has a really large weight section, I went looking for weighted balls and saw that Weider had balls out varying from maybe 8-20 lbs with handles on ether side. These ran up to maybe $45 based on weight. Then, when I was a Dick's a couple of weeks later, I saw variations from maybe 4 or 5 manufacturers, with weights running from 4 lbs up to 20. Nike has a whole line out that look like basketballs, with different colors/sizes for different weights. These have no handles tho.

You're right on the trend line, Spanky.

OP
S

spankdoggie

Kettlebells train strength endurance, as oppossed to strength, such as weigh lifting, or endurance such as running. My heart rate approaches my maximum while doing overhead snatches. They are a hundred bucks each. I owned them before they became popular. They are becoming popular for a good reason, though.

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
spankdoggie said:
Kettlebells train strength endurance, as oppossed to strength

So, like doing real work. Bricklaying, carrying a coupla shingle packs up two stories onto a roof, unloading skids of patio blocks. Ahh, the good old days.

Howzabout carrying a cart bag 18 holes? Maybe with a bowling ball in the bottom? :p

OP
S

spankdoggie

Farquod said:
So, like doing real work. Bricklaying, carrying a coupla shingle packs up two stories onto a roof, unloading skids of patio blocks. Ahh, the good old days.

Howzabout carrying a cart bag 18 holes? Maybe with a bowling ball in the bottom? :p

Been there done that, and I love physical work. I did a stint for six months in an office about 10 years ago and almost died. Riding my bike to the office and back home for 15 hilly miles a day, kept me sane.

oops, the wife calls... write later...

🔥 Latest posts