• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anybody else out there a hunter?

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Only moose now. Not a big fan of deer meat anymore.

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Grew up hunting but have only gone a couple of times since having children. I just had too many hobbies and something had to go. We have a beautyful piece of hunting property in West Virginia that my father bought just for hunting. 160 acres on top of a mountain with a 150 year old log cabain and barns.

Now we have a home in Florida as well and I spend my vacation time down there playing golf and fishing instead of going to the mountains.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v456_mako224_WestVirginia071.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v456_mako224_WestVirginia011.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v456_mako224_WestVirginia068.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v456_mako224_WestVirginia060.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v456_mako224_WestVirginia058.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v456_mako224_WestVirginia013.jpg

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I used to hunt everything "huntable" in Wisconsin........deer (gun and bow), ducks, geese, pheasant, rabbits, quail, partridge, etc. Now I deer (gun) hunt only. I hate ticks more than I love to hunt.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I used to love pheasant hunting until all the pheasants disappeared. Then I hunted geese where the recoil from aiming up jammed my spine and I was in bed for 2 days. (3-1/2" 12 gauge magnums out of a pump shotgun).

I've always deer hunted since high school. I'll always deer hunt. Now I seldom take one since I've killed enough. Maybe if the world record walks by.... :D

It's not the killing, it's the sitting in the stand, and the peaceful, relaxing quiet that I love. :)

fisher,

Those look like the Blue Ridge Mountains of NC where I used to live. But you're missing a moonshine still by the buildings... :D

Jimc11

Jun 25, 2009
Hunt every day I can...mainly deer and squirrel...some turkey and rabbit...I have been hunting since I could walk...Shot my first squirrel when I was 5...have a pic of it Ill have to post...it is my wifes favorite pic of me...
I shoot ALOT too..I love shooting..shooting a rifle is one of the only things in life I am truley good at...Shotguns I am slightly better than average...pistols...well...it depends...I LOVE my Kimber 1911 and it shoots tight groups..it just doesnt fit my hand well..the Colt Python on the other hand..Im good with...

🔥 Latest posts