• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anybody ever hurt their Ulner Nerve?

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Two weeks ago I had to hack a ball out of some greenside fesque. I played the shot like an explosion bunker shot. When I hit the ball I jarred my left wrist something terrible. For about 5 minutes it felt like my wrist and hand were on fire. For the rest of the round I had trouble gripping the club.

Ever since my left pinkie and ring finger as well as the back of my hand from the ring finger to the middle of my wrist has been slightly numb. Feels kind of like its asleep. The fingers also feel a little weak.

Anybody ever had this happen? I have read up on it a bit and it is a fairly common golf injury. If anybody has experienced this, how long did it take for the feeling to come back to normal? I've got a lot of golf to play over the next month. I should rest it but I know I won't be able to.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
You better rest it mate. The problem with nerve injuries is the inflammation can become chronic. You should be fine in a couple of weeks. Did your Doctor prescribe you any NSAID drug?

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Been an Advil fiend for a couple of weeks. I have also been nursing a bum right hip. Getting older sucks.....wear and tear from 25 years of surfing and now golf is starting to catch up with me.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
If you have no renal pathology 400mg of Advil every 8 hours for a week, and applying some heat (hot towel, one of those hot water bags, etc) at least twice a day might help you a bit

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.