• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anybody have a kbs tour, stiff flex?

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Any of you fellows have a spare kbs tour stiff-flex shaft kicking around? I need it for an MP 53 head. I think those are .355t.

My 5 iron shaft was... Rendered unusable. I can't say it wasn't my fault, but I wasn't angry, just fooling around with it. Shocking to see how fragile these things are when you're using them improperly x.x

I will certainly pay for the replacement. Only need one. I've learned my lesson :)

The reality is that I would probably play better without that club in the bag anyway... But the resale value must be protected!

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Shame on you Zack!
Are you playing Mp-53 now? What happened with the 58s?

OP
SilverUberXeno

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Ugh. You're killing me.

If I do hit a poor shot I usually tap my shoe or put the club across my shouders and flex it a little. This is foolish, but it has never damaged a club. Like I said, I'm not furious, but rather "duh Zach, you're the worst golfer on this or any other planet."

On this particular occasion I was hitting with a buddy of mine and kept blocking 5irons. So as a sort of joke I went, "ARRGGHHH" and mimed snapping the club over my knee, with the club in hand.

Intended to just convey displeasure, but sure enough the shaft bent to the point of being unusable. I maintain that the shaft had lost integrity through normal use, and my poor ball striking was a direct result of that. Breaking the shaft may be the salvation I have been waiting for!

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
So you hit a bad shot and snapt...err, the shaft did, we've all had that happen even though most won't admit it.

I wish I could help you out, but can't. Although if you happen to...say, wrap a 9i around a tree, let me know. I've been waiting for an excuse to pull the kbs's out of my short irons.

OP
SilverUberXeno

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I really wasn't mad. I would just quit the game if I got mad enough that I was flushing money down the toilet my breaking my equipment out of rage. It was a fluke thing I've done a million times. I have been going to the gym a lot. Can't control my strength anymore I guess :D worse things have happened, will happen, etc.

I kinda laughed at myself over it. I broke a driver shaft there hitting normal shots too, same year. Maybe it's a cursed range.

LBlack14

Enjoy Life!
Supporting Member
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Country
United States United States
I've got 3 & 4 iron Tour stiff .355 KBS pulls. You could soft step.

-Landon

OP
SilverUberXeno

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Sounds like a plan to me. What is your asking price? The shaft(s) would play slightly soft to flex, if I'm not mistaken, because the shaft specific to the 5i is stiffer in the tip than the one you have for the 4?

So I would just cut to length, and expect it to play ever slightly softer?

OP
SilverUberXeno

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I play my clubs fairly short so I'm sure it would be long enough. The issue is the .355 taper tip. Is that what ping uses?

🔥 Latest posts