• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

anyone buy a grill lately?

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Can you use the gas portion to light the charcoal side?

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I have a Vermont Castings... nice grill. Very solid. Ceramic, Cast Iron etc.

$500 at the BORG

shankexpert

Nov 29, 2007
Barbeques Galore - Capt'n Cook

ccbig.jpg

Bought an earlier version of this grill a couple of years ago. It has performed well until recently when the strength of the flames on two of the burners has decreased considerably. I'm thinking some junk got into the fuel lines and they need to be flushed out or something.

I'm sure there are cheaper grills out there with similar performance, but these guys are close to my house and I was in a pinch when I bought it.
ccbig.jpg

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Barbeques Galore - Capt'n Cook

View attachment 9046

Bought an earlier version of this grill a couple of years ago. It has performed well until recently when the strength of the flames on two of the burners has decreased considerably. I'm thinking some junk got into the fuel lines and they need to be flushed out or something.

I'm sure there are cheaper grills out there with similar performance, but these guys are close to my house and I was in a pinch when I bought it.

I have an even earlier version (about 10 years old) of their grill and it's worked out well. I've rebuilt it once but had no problem getting the parts. Old and ugly but works great.

If you have the cast iron burners, those need to be cleaned with a piece of wire from time to time. If you've lost power on the ones you use most often that might be it.

Regarding gas vs. charcoal, I have to have both. Charcoal is better when I have time but gas is more convenient during the week.

shankexpert

Nov 29, 2007
I have an even earlier version (about 10 years old) of their grill and it's worked out well. I've rebuilt it once but had no problem getting the parts. Old and ugly but works great.

If you have the cast iron burners, those need to be cleaned with a piece of wire from time to time. If you've lost power on the ones you use most often that might be it.

Regarding gas vs. charcoal, I have to have both. Charcoal is better when I have time but gas is more convenient during the week.

Thanks for the suggestion - I will definitely try that out!

🔥 Latest posts