• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone follow NBA finals?

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
NBA playoffs are on a whole different level than the regular season,
Go spurs

longiron

May 2, 2005
Im not following as much as if my Pacers where there but i watch alittle.

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
its a shame reggie miller won't be playing anymore, what a player, almost as good at three pointers as me :D

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Well the Spurs really look great.

Popovich is pushing all the right buttons at the right times. I am having a lot of fun watching the games and my old buddy Robert Horry is delivering in the clutch as usual...

Spurs in 6...

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
Bravo said:
Well the Spurs really look great.

Popovich is pushing all the right buttons at the right times. I am having a lot of fun watching the games and my old buddy Robert Horry is delivering in the clutch as usual...

Spurs in 6...

bravo you're a genious, horry was soooo clutch as usual yesterday

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Yes - I started watching Robert when he was Freshman at Alabama in the late 80's. He was even skinnier than he is now - yet played the low post.

You should have seen Shaq (playing for LSU) muscle him around. Shaq would stick out his ass and Horry would land in the first row of seats...

I never thought he would last long in the NBA - maybe 3-4 years at best. He has great great "court sense" and in some ways is a coach on the court when he is in the game.

Duncan completely melted in the 4th quarter. Missed free throw after free throw, dropped passes and missed close in shots.

Horry - who is only being paid $1.2M this year - singlehandedly takes over the game and wins it for the Spurs and likely delivered the NBA Championship to them - because they are not likely to lose both remaining home games in the series...

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
what a series, spurs ought to be good for a long time, they have all their players locked up until the end of the decade.

B

BadFish

Starting to look like it could become a little dynasty down in San Antonio: 3 championships in 7 years (2 of last 3), however many playoff apperances, adding Horry as you said, and those long contracts you also mentioned, could be interesting in years to come.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Having the combination of a true low post big man, along with two slashing, penetrating guards is tough to defend.

I don't think Horry will be a big part of their future though..a bit long in the tooth now at 34..He said he only wants to play two more years.

And I also think that Popovich is really underrated too..that is a great basketball town. I lived there for three years and they support the Spurs almost like a college team.

🔥 Latest posts