• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone going on a Stimulus Check Spending Spree.

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
Haven’t got the check yet but just bought a new Taylormade Monaco cart bag, and push cart to go with it, a new Bridgestone J33 21* hybrid, and a slightly used Taylormade 58* wedge. I was going to throw the money down on my new car loan but I just thought to my self, what the F*ck lets go ho some sh*t.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
It makes me sad as I am slated for about $2200. But it all goes right back to the IRS (I owe them $2000, bastards). :(

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
We're supposed to get our check on Friday, my family is going to pay some bills and pay for MX racing, and maybe some more parts for the quad. I think I might try and get a membership for a course too.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I'm taking the money and paying debt with it. I don't care what the president says, I'm doing the responsible thing for my family.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Our check is going towards a "sleep number" bed. Gotta do something about this back thing.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
FT-I Tour 8.5* arrived today.

PS3 getting here tomorrow or Wednesday.

Putting a small bathroom in the basement.

Pay down some lingering credit card debt.

As you can see, trying out the FTI was the most pressing and the top of the list.

Fitzpatrick

Good Walk Spoiler
Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
I bought myself a new Trek bike. I have been wanting to get back into cycling for a while now, and I figured this would be a good way to start.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I'm taking the money and paying debt with it. I don't care what the president says, I'm doing the responsible thing for my family.

Was going to do that until I found out that fuel oil on Pre buy to heat the house would be about $3.80/gal or just under $2200 for the winter next year, basing on what we used this year. So, my wife and I went and were looking at pellet stoves today...$2200 or $700 to heat the house for the season-what would you do?

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I must be the only one that is oblivious and to lazy to check what we may get, hope whatever it is, it is good. I am looking for a kegerator for after golf which fits right into a scenario mentioned in another thread. Maybe the government will pay for it after all. :D

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Our check is going towards a "sleep number" bed. Gotta do something about this back thing.

I've had a Cal King sleep number bed for almost 10 years now. It's the best money I ever spent. I dropped mine into my king size waterbed frame, it fits perfectly and it's HUGE. My back thanks me every morning when I get up. Whenever this one wears out I'll definitely get another one.

Let me know how you like it when you get it. It will probably take you a couple days to get used to it and figure out just how firm or soft works best for you.

Good for you Clug. It may not be sexy, but it's smart. :thumbs up:

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Not sure yet maybe save it for now...Sure as hell not buy any lotto tickets!:D

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Was going to do that until I found out that fuel oil on Pre buy to heat the house would be about $3.80/gal or just under $2200 for the winter next year, basing on what we used this year. So, my wife and I went and were looking at pellet stoves today...$2200 or $700 to heat the house for the season-what would you do?

Move south!!!! :biglol:

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Move south!!!! :biglol:

Eracer said that all the northerners can live with him in Florida....

My luck, I'd move down there to find out that he lives under an overpass
in a cardboard box and goes to the library to get on the computer....
I guess I'm moving North again.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Eracer said that all the northerners can live with him in Florida....

My luck, I'd move down there to find out that he lives under an overpass
in a cardboard box and goes to the library to get on the computer....
I guess I'm moving North again.
Will golf for food...

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.