• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone going to be in Myrtle Thur-Sun

Jimc11

Jun 25, 2009
Will be there in Aug...
as for the choice in course...AWSOME, GREAT, Good freaking luck...Pawlys is my least favorite "nicer" course in Myrtle...

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Least favorite as in it beats you up, or bad shape?

Jimc11

Jun 25, 2009
The 2 times I have played it it was in wonderful shape...but that course will kick your butt!!!!! I dont know this to the be true, however I played with 2 members there and they said that there is an article in which Jack N says that course was his one regret in that the average golfer could not play the course and enjoy it. I would agree with that 100%..I havent played it in the last 3years so maybe things have changed...also when I played the staff there could not have been any more rude...almost like you should feel privileged to drop your $90 there...again this could just be be me and my buddys view of the place..things can change....given the choice if you want to stay in the Pawlys area I would choose TPC...now if you are willing to drive into North Myrtle and havent played at Barefoot then I would...The Fazio course is the best in the Myrtle area, Love course is awsome too...Im not to big on the Norman...the Dye course is challenging like all Dye courses but fair...by far the Barefoot Fazio is my favorite followed by Caledonia...then the Love course...OH dang alsmot forgot..if you can get on Dune Club (not Grande Dunes) then play that..WELL worth the money...that would actually be my favorite there!! Awsome Awsome traditional course...dangit..Im ready to be back there now!!!!!!

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Hahaha, thanks for the heads up. We're actually staying at the Barefoot resort. I'll try to get an extra round on the Fazio.

Jimc11

Jun 25, 2009
Staying at Barefoot and traveling south to play?? huh...I love the Barefoot courses myself...Oh and BTW eat at T-Bones at Barefoot landing..it is a chain but man their she crab soup and the Drunken Ribeye are AWSOME!! man 3 weeks till Im there..cant wait...enjoy

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
hey i live like 30 miles from there..we go there about every other weekend... those are some nice courses there you are playing... if you want to dirve a lil inland and play for cheap just let me know..

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Sweet. The only day I'd be able to would be Saturday afternoon. I'll send you a message if it's possible. Thanks for the invite.

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
I kept trying to talk the other couple we're going with to stay longer but they wouldn't budge. I want to go for at least 6 days next time.

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Well Pawley's didn't kick my butt but playing 36 on Friday sure did.

86 at Caledonia to start the day with a ton of missed chances. 93 at True Blue which was terrible considering how wide the fairways are there. Pawley's was a beautiful course, shot 83 and played a solid round. The greens at True Blue were just aerated and Pawley's were done recent but were decent to putt on. If the golf package told us we would have just skipped True Blue.

I also had no idea how far it was from Barefoot to these courses. My buddy who I went with went to Coastal and knew the distances but said it wasn't that bad. It was however terrible at 6AM. Overall it was a great time, ate some great food and played some pretty decent golf. I'll post pictures when I have time to download them.

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Was going to send you a PM Clemson but the wifey put a stop to 4 rounds in 4 days. I had to spend some QT with her at some point.

Jimc11

Jun 25, 2009
Glad to hear you had a great time. I guess Pawleys just doesnt fit my eye or game...Ill be there in a couple weeks...So far the only course I know for sure we are playing is TPC...probably hit Dunes club again as it is awsome...then maybe Fazio at Barefoot..

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.