• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone going to the PGA Merchandise Show?

mediaguru

Feb 13, 2005
I'll be attending this year's show Thurs-Sat all day. I don't have a booth but I'll be floating around. It's my first one so I'm pretty excited and I have a "media" credential!

I'm not new to trade shows so I know it may get old and my feet will be killing me, but it's GOLF.

IF anyone is going to be there perhaps we can meet somewhere.

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
I will be there but only friday night and saturday.
I am booked with meeting the whole time though, imagine being that close to disney and not be able to go there.
I have been going for the last 6 years so I know what I have to do and so I get in and get out quick.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Actually, it is the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida

edit 1 - I missed it by a two days last year when I was down in Orlando. I said in an earlier thread I may never go back to Orlando, but I forgot the Merchandise Show was there, so if I am ever close by during that time, it may be enough to get me to go back for the day.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I cant go this year, but will definately be there next year. I love business expenses.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I would love to go, anybody got any free tickets into the show? The only way I can get in is if I join the GCA and that is not going to happen anytime soon. Its only 10 minutes or so from the house, but the hard part is getting inside.

OP
mediaguru

mediaguru

Feb 13, 2005
Heh. I have a "media" credential because of my popular golf blog and other sites I have for golf. If I knew earlier I could have asked for two passes. The media gets in an hour early each day which is nice.

I'll be doing lots of posts on my blog with lots of pics and maybe even some podcasting from there. Stay tuned.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
I would love to go, but I have to work and live many miles away.

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
I would love to go. I live in Orlando and I am free that weekend. I just need to figure out how to get in.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Heh. I have a "media" credential because of my popular golf blog and other sites I have for golf. If I knew earlier I could have asked for two passes. The media gets in an hour early each day which is nice.

I'll be doing lots of posts on my blog with lots of pics and maybe even some podcasting from there. Stay tuned.

Put me down for a pass next year :D I will bring my digital and take a bunch of photos to make it look legit :D

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Tim.....I can usually get media credentials as well. You can probably do it too.
Just fill out the application and use ST as the media outlet.

It worked for the GHO and the Dubai classic.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Tim, I just sent a letter to the media contact there. If I get a response and a ticket are you willing to spend the day ogling fancy golf gear, take some pics and write about the experience for the site?

OP
mediaguru

mediaguru

Feb 13, 2005
They're pretty relaxed about media credentials (hell I got one) hehe.

Look me up if you are there.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Tim, I just sent a letter to the media contact there. If I get a response and a ticket are you willing to spend the day ogling fancy golf gear, take some pics and write about the experience for the site?

No problem, I would not consider myself a journalist but I would give it a shot. There may be a few too many pictures of Camerons, but I will try and spread it around. :D

Sling, I am off work all 3 days (Jan 25-27) so I could make it a multi day experience depending on how much bandwidth you wish to waste with my photos/report. :D

🔥 Latest posts