• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone have opinions/experience with the TP Red Ball?

Burg

Jul 17, 2007
I have always played the ProV1 but recently found two Taylormade TP Red balls in the woods and figured I'd give them a shot. Wow.

I'm not sure if it was just a good day or not, but I was hitting the TP Red about 10-20 yards further off the tee consistently. The ball also played well off the irons and around the greens.

Anybody else play these balls? I'm thinking about making the switch from the ProV1.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I loved the TP Red. Shot my best round with one. I din't find it extraordinarily longer than the Pro-V, but it spun as well. Nice ball.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I found it actually a bit shorter off the driver but more spin around the green. I hit a skip stop from like 15yds. with a 58* wedge.

Fitzpatrick

Good Walk Spoiler
Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
I've had similar experiences to those above. I didn't notice too much difference with the driver, as my distances with that club are too inconsistent to depend on (anywhere from 220 to 260, and in any direction). But it felt terrific off my irons and wedges, and especially terrific off my putter face. I'd play the ball more, but on my budget, I will stick with the e5/e6.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
I have been playing the TP Red since it was introduced, actually a little before it hit the market. I was slow to accept it, it felt a little firmer than the other premium golf balls that I had used. In fact the first time I played it, I only used it for one hole, the second time it lasted nine holes. Once I got accustomed to the feel off the face and how it spun, I made the switch. I found it to be a touch longer than the Bridgestone B330S that I had been using, and I like the spin that it provides around the green, not too much that the ball backs up a ton, but enough to stop it quickly.

Dewey_1011

Apr 19, 2007
I have been using the TP Red for about a month now and I like it alot. It is just a little bit longer off the tee than the prov1 and I really like the feel of it off the irons and around the greens. The best part is Golf Discount had them marked down to 29.99 a dozen the other day!

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
sits between the Pro V1x and Pro V1,but the differences are so small imo

🔥 Latest posts