• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone in/near Myrtle?

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I'm thinking of trying to get down to Myrtle Beach for a weekend or a few days during the week sometime. I checked the weather and it doesn't seem too bad, high 50's, low 60's. I actually lived there for almost a year but didn't play golf then. If I go in Feb. will the courses be in halfway decent shape? Also, how are courses about singles getting on? I had no trouble in Jacksonville using Lastminutegolfer but I checked for Myrtle and it looks crappy.

I found a few deals for like $99 for 2 nights and a $50 restuarant voucher included. I know I can drive there in about 13hrs. (I've actually made it in 11 at night) so would probably just do that, sharing a little drive time with my GF.

I'm open to any other suggestions to get down south to play fairly cheaply as well if anyone is interested in meeting up.

Victory

Nov 18, 2007
hit it at the end of feb if possible to insure decent weather. most hotels will have a package setup with a few courses. or look to stay and play at a a resort setup. myrtle wood, barefoot ($$) , legends, a few good ones. weather again should be fine at that time.. enjoy

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I checked the Barefoot resort. That looked decent albeit a little pricey. Problem is, my GF doesn't play golf and they all have bookings for 2somes. I also checked on Jacksonville again. I could get a hotel, flight and rental car for $600 pretty close to the ocean. The Barefoot package was just the golf and room for $861. I'm going to have to think about it. I'd be spending less to go to Jacksonville (where it's 75-80*) and using that LMG I can play for $30-$35 at some decent courses. We really liked Jacksonville last year. It was sort of like "home away from home" as opposed to a big tourist trap. I also liked the courses, they were really great deals and very accomodating to single golfers.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Ehh.. I didn't look to much for my trip for Myrtle..

We just booked a 1 week stay and play at Barefoot, and some other places for end of May...

Try looking for Hilton Head ezra.. They have some pretty great deals on golf packages.

The only problem with a package deal is.. When you book, they count it as everyone playing golf.. When we booked, it was for 3 golfers, and they said wives/gf/etc are almost staying for free.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Ezra, pretty much all the fairways and greens will be dormant this time of year (Bermuda) unless they are overseeded with winter rye.

Our eGolf Amateur Tour season will be starting up in Jan/Feb, so if you wanted to play in a flighted tourney on most Saturdays, those are available in Myrtle Beach, Columbia, Hilton Head, Charleston, and Augusta (and many other cities).

I plan on going to Isle of Palms on Jan 17 to get an early start on my tournament season. Our Augusta tour has tourneys on Feb 7 and 21 that I plan on playing in unless the USDA sends me out of town. You're welcome to join me for any of those.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I appreciate it Doc.

I actually found a hotel I worked as a security guard at when I was in Myrtle. It's supercheap. 2 beds with kitchen, oceanfront with balcony is only $29 a night. My GF says "let's go". I think that's what we'll end up doing. It's almost exactly 12hrs. door to door driving. I suppose I can either book something online for a tee time or call around when I get there. We'd probably visit my sister in MD on the way back, probably spend the night or more. So Myrtle might only be a 2-3 nighter.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Yeah, forgot to mention, down here everything is dormant. The greens and the tee boxes are the only completely green on the course, with the exception to the pines.. No leaves anywhere but on the ground, and the fairways are brown and yuck.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
EDSgolf, one of our members, sets up MB packages. PM him if you need some help.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Thanks guys, I'll look into it. Timing is going to depend on what my sister is doing I guess. I'm supposed to help her and my BIL pack up some "Podlike" moving crates. I was originally going to fly down and drive my BIL's truck back. It would be nice to go to Myrtle 1st with my GF, drive back to MD, I'll stay for a day or so and she can head back.

cwo2lt

Mulligans-R-Us
Nov 6, 2007
I don't think you'll need a tee time as a single. Most places around here fit you in with a 2-some or 3-some. There are always cancelations.

EDSGolf

Aug 24, 2005
Most golf courses will not pre-book single golfers, but at this time of year, you will have no problems getting on as a single on the day of play. If you end up with 2 golfers, drop us a line.

🔥 Latest posts